Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot 7.02.14 - early opening!

(312 Posts)
hazeyjane Fri 07-Feb-14 15:44:43

2 appointments - check (opthamology and chest xray)
stress free bus journey x 2 - check
phone call from central SEN to say they will assess ds for statement..................CHECK!

Big glasses of something cold and bubbly all round!

Saving an extra big glass for Bluebird, who needs it after Bluechicks stint in hospital.

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 14-Feb-14 13:14:29

Ignoring V day here too. Both DCs mentioned it today, but no cards, not for home or school. I don't want it to be a huge issue. They're all excited that we're having chips with tea tonight. I'm happy with that. grin

hazeyjane Fri 14-Feb-14 13:33:17

v day gets sidelined by dh's birthday, but he did get me a lovely grey shirt and dds made me a very sweet card.

SummerRain Fri 14-Feb-14 13:51:55

Welcome back moose smile

As predicted I had a voicemail from the camhs psyche today so now I'm going to have to ring him again <screams> No email address for any HSE employees, it's the first thing I check for every time. I may just write him a letter as the stress of this constant phoning and waiting wrecks my head.

Its snowing again here too, not landing properly though so we just have slush everywhere sad

ouryve Fri 14-Feb-14 14:04:11

Our CAMHS don't do email, either, Summer. They exist behind a firewall of admin staff, who might even tell your psych you've turned up for an appointment, after you've announced yourself over the intercom. You don't evcen get to see them face to face. It's like the Wizard of bloody Oz.

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 14-Feb-14 14:07:55

I would not be able to retain my sanity if I couldn't communicate with the paed and the OT through email. Makes life so much easier. I think you need to bring them into the present and out of the dark ages.

ouryve Fri 14-Feb-14 14:19:13

The private OT we use is the only person I can communicate with by email. You'd think we were firmly stuck in the 20th century 'ere up North.

SummerRain Fri 14-Feb-14 14:54:37

Same here in Ireland, firmly denying the existence of email in all organisations where it would be most useful.

He rang back shock Turns out asd assessment is now under a different branch of the HSE so he's looking into it for me. I really hope he can see him as despite the tricky administration system he's an excellent psyche and was brilliant when Ds1 was going through dx.

zzzzz Fri 14-Feb-14 14:57:42
stillstandingatthebusstop Fri 14-Feb-14 15:34:44

No email for our CAMHs either - officially - but I have one of the secretaries emails - yippee!!

Glad you're feeling a bit better Moose!

Referring back to earlier autumnsmum (sorry had to go to work) youngest DS is 12 yrs (but likes Peppa Pig) other two are 15yrs and 17yrs. All boys.

stillstandingatthebusstop Fri 14-Feb-14 15:36:53

No email for our CAMHs either - officially - but I have one of the secretaries emails - yippee!!

Glad you're feeling a bit better Moose!

Referring back to earlier autumnsmum (sorry had to go to work) youngest DS is 12 yrs (but likes Peppa Pig) other two are 15yrs and 17yrs. All boys.

ouryve Fri 14-Feb-14 16:18:31

My 10yo likes Peppa Pig, too. As does my 40yo DH grin

autumnsmum Sat 15-Feb-14 16:15:53

Sorry ouryve I hope I didn't come across as pushy about the app . Avoid any fisher price ones if you want to preserve any shred of sanity

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now