Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot 7.02.14 - early opening!

(312 Posts)
hazeyjane Fri 07-Feb-14 15:44:43

2 appointments - check (opthamology and chest xray)
stress free bus journey x 2 - check
phone call from central SEN to say they will assess ds for statement..................CHECK!

Big glasses of something cold and bubbly all round!

Saving an extra big glass for Bluebird, who needs it after Bluechicks stint in hospital.

hazeyjane Fri 07-Feb-14 15:49:43

Ds showing of his 'brave boy' stickers. he was ace, even climbing onto the bed for the chest xray!

ouryve Fri 07-Feb-14 15:53:55

He's such a fab boy!

I'm eating sweet and salty popcorn as a refuel after an achy, blinding (low sun, right in front of us) walk up t'hill.

Glad I didn't hold my breath. DS1 had a stinker of a morning.

Frusso Fri 07-Feb-14 16:16:59

Just popping in to share my chuffed mum moment;
Dd2(5) said "I love you" to me! She's signed it for a while but now she's said it to me as she's left for school in her taxi twice in one week!

PolterGoose Fri 07-Feb-14 16:19:17

Well done mini-hazey grin

Oh dear ouryve poor ds1 sad

I actually did a bit of housework today and cleaned the bathrooms shock ds came out of school fine and then lost it when we were nearly home over a ridiculous thing, punched me twice, then did that thing again where he said he didn't know why he was so angry and apologised confused

PolterGoose Fri 07-Feb-14 16:19:46

Yay Frusso how fantastic grin

ouryve Fri 07-Feb-14 16:30:50

Awww, that's lovely, Frusso.

Had to share this piccie I've just nabbed off Twitter grin

Frusso Fri 07-Feb-14 16:36:01

Ahh those carrots love each other grin

autumnsmum Fri 07-Feb-14 16:57:31

Frusso that's lovely to hear Hazey that's amazing news ouryve you poor thing . Bit rotten here with the virus doing the rounds. Best bit of the week has been seeing the pics of the gorgeous Dcs now got m il coming round

AtYourCervix Fri 07-Feb-14 17:33:39

Evening all.

wine brew cake [pizza] all round.

We've had a bloody marvelous week. I am wallowing in it and making the most of every second before it all changes and we're back to normal, lurching from crisis to meltdown again.

Jacksterbear Fri 07-Feb-14 17:34:14

ouryve I love sweet and salty popcorn - only recently discovered it!

frusso that's lovely smile; and hazey good stuff.

Polter we had similar post-school. DS came out ok then got cross with me when I offered him his cereal bar (the same cereal bar I bring every day after school - but suddenly it was unacceptable and why had I brought that and not something different confused), got even more cross because I had parked what he considered to be too far away from school (it was a 30 second walk and closer than I usually park), then when we arrived home, he point blank refused to come in the front door and stood outside in the cold for half an hour.

He's now crawling around the house squawking - usually a sign that a big meltdown is brewing! I need wine!

signandsingcarols Fri 07-Feb-14 17:34:57

Frusso and Hazey, great news!

autumn and ouryve hope you feel better,

poulter sad abt the punches.

think I have caught the local lurgy, as I feel pretty bleurgh... (tho thats not helped by rampant PMT, blush )

house all packed up, just gotta buy and fill one last crate, and dustsheet the book cases, dh is heading off MOnday, so it will just be me and ds, while the kitchen goes in, (less stress to only have one of them here, but having lurgy, ds, and limited access to technology, solo, while house full of workmen,,,hmmmm. hmm not sure about this...

PolterGoose Fri 07-Feb-14 17:43:26

sign lightweight plastic sheeting (even opened out bin bags) taped with masking tape works well on bookcases. Good luck

Jackster our ds's are clones, hope you don't get a meltdown.

So pleased you've had a good week AYC you needed it

I'm rather particle to sweet and salty popcorn too smile

AtYourCervix Fri 07-Feb-14 17:57:19

thanks you lot got us through in one piece.

(Apart from D2s bedroom door which is in 49 pieces again, but that's a small price)

SallyBear Fri 07-Feb-14 18:17:52

Evening. Just sticking my head around the door. Lovely to hear so many happy posts.
Spent all day listening, counselling and problem solving for three different groups of people. Now nursing a glass of Guinness, because my head is on full spin!

Levantine Fri 07-Feb-14 18:22:01

Hallo, am just having a quick sit downhill DH puts ds2 to bed. We are going out tonight - for the first time in about three months. Ds1 had violent meltdown while another 7yo was here but he is the son of a friend of mine who has known ds for years. We haven't ever had a school friend home.

Have had cake from a school sale, now looking forward to wine

PolterGoose Fri 07-Feb-14 18:28:11

Have a lovely time Lev, me and dp haven't been out in the evening since before ds was born, we've only managed occasional lunch out.

Levantine Fri 07-Feb-14 18:28:12

Should have read a sit down while

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 07-Feb-14 18:30:07

Hazey well done to your ds. He is soo cute.

Polter and Jackster ouch hope things settle down over the weekend.

Sign good luck with the workmen. Rather you than me!

Frusso that's lovely and here's to more good days AYC.

Made a GP appointment for dd after school. Got a bus (half an hour)up to school and booked a taxi to take us to the doctor's. It was half an hour late, phoned GP and had to cancel as they would be unable to see her. Second time this week this has happened. Hospital transport was an hour late on Tuesday so she missed her hydrotherapy session. She has an optician's appointment on Monday so fingers crossed for that.

Levantine Fri 07-Feb-14 18:36:37

Thanks polter - on the few times we have been out we are usually back by ten as we are so flipping exhausted!

signandsingcarols Fri 07-Feb-14 18:53:59

so glad week has improved AYC! fab news grin

nahaudin, sorry you have been mucked about... sad angry

Levantine, hope your night out is fab

ouryve Fri 07-Feb-14 18:56:16

That's so frustrating NHMW.

There must be something in the air, or a vowel in the month, or something, because DS1's morning involved an awful lot of hitting sad He's calm, now. Completely wore himself out.

ouryve Fri 07-Feb-14 18:57:38

Polter - exactly the same here! A date is a night in front of the telly, uninterrupted!

AtYourCervix Fri 07-Feb-14 18:58:05

I've been sent some chewey vitamins for a MN test.

D2 tried one last night. Her verdict.......

'It tastes like corpse'.

How do I feed that back?

hazeyjane Fri 07-Feb-14 19:14:05

If dh and I manage a whole night in bed with each other, rather than one decamped because the bed has had 3 refugees taking up too much room, it is considered a romantic triumph.

AYC - I'm thinking they could aim the vitamins at the Goth market, my dsis would go for something marketed as '....the taste of corpse'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now