Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

goose and carrot 24th Jan...

(379 Posts)
signandsingcarols Fri 24-Jan-14 15:01:37

Hi everyone, how has the week gone?

Chez sign is currently packing in preparation for the new kitchen, and new walls/door way for the 'odd-little-room-next-to-the-kitchen' work starts in 2 weeks and the odd room is full of dh's books and models, (plan is after moving the door and adding a new wall laterin the year, (once we have saved again) the little room will become downstairs loo and 'rest' room for dh, with a day bed, so he can stay down stairs onece he has managed to get down in the morning,) huge upheaval but been planning and waiting so long am really excited. grin

hoping ds will manage all the stress, hmm

SallyBear Fri 24-Jan-14 18:58:08

Well. DD came home and told me that the HT of their secondary school has asked her to do a presentation about Jeans for Genes Day and Treacher Collins Syndrome, and how it affects her and indirectly her twin. Done by 5th Feb. shit.

So I'm now racking my brains to think how you can explain genetic conditions and DNA simply and then jazz it up with a real life example of a genetic condition. Need some cuntilitres of gin.....

Firsttimer7259 Fri 24-Jan-14 19:03:02

We have ginormous week brewing - asd assessment verdict on Tuesday, camhs on Wed, ed psych on Thursday. I'm struggling to adjust to new job (3 weeks in now) excuse me while I curl up into fetal position in the corner

ouryve Fri 24-Jan-14 19:08:28

wine for you, too, firsttimer. A whole bottle with a straw.

AtYourCervix Fri 24-Jan-14 19:49:39

Take your pick!

hazeyjane Fri 24-Jan-14 20:02:04
lougle Fri 24-Jan-14 20:06:40

Hello smile I've been in bed all day.Wiped with a virus.

dd2 is plodding on, seeing OT without my knowledge, etc., as they do.

Sorry it's been a hard week...must be going around.

lougle Fri 24-Jan-14 20:07:19

I mean a hard week for those if you that have had hard weeks :S

Ineedmorepatience Fri 24-Jan-14 20:14:37

I dont usually come over here but am keeping my head down at the moment in case of LA spies!!

We had Dd3's first ever IEP review yesterday!! She has been on the SN reg since yr 3 !

The senco decided to invite the useless teacher who Dd3 is frightened of and who is clueless and then asked me why I was upset! Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhh

I requested that we set some targets for the staff because if they did their jobs properly Dd3 would be fine!! It went down surprisingly well actually. Especially as the nasty teacher decided to make a rapid exit at this point.

Oh and the tribunal date came and its not too long to wait.

Sorry to everyone else who is having a hard time.

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 24-Jan-14 20:16:48

Sounds productive Ineed Hope you feel better soon Lougle Do you usually write poems in bed?

ConstantCraving Fri 24-Jan-14 20:33:05

I've crept in for wine. I don't usually post but I cried at work today and feel such a pathetic idiot. I have never, ever done that before. DD is going through diagnosis and I have clearly not come to terms with it at all. And now work will think I'm a loon too sad. Its been a rubbish week.

lougle Fri 24-Jan-14 20:43:02

Never, Star. It's most unlike me. Perhaps I'm delirious.

Constant, sorry it's all tough.

moosemama Fri 24-Jan-14 20:47:04

Passes wine to Constant. You're not a pathetic idiot, we've all been there and know how you feel. No-one is going to think you're a loon, just a worried Mum. flowers

Ineed, sounds like you are making some progress.

Wrt, everyone's bad week. According to my Mum, who knows about this sort of thing, it is down to the first full moon of the year. Apparently it's called 'The Watery Moon' and makes people prone to emotional upset and tears. It's supposed to throw up experiences which produce feelings/emotions based on old/previous experiences that we need to work through and move on from. I don't usual go in for all this stuff, but that actually seems like a fairly accurate description of where I'm at right now.

Personally I intend to work through mine with the aid of chocolate and wine wink

autumnsmum Fri 24-Jan-14 20:51:28

Not to bad here mil and dp have declared dd2 s speech therapy report is rubbish ! Dp hasn't even read it ! I intend to learn key word signing as they suggest regardless . As I put in the other thread dd1 is fifteen tomorrow and I feel totally ancient ! She is a wonderful girl who has had to deal with a lot . Sorry to hear about some of the truly awful weeks people have been having

AtYourCervix Fri 24-Jan-14 20:52:01

Constant - i cried at work this week too. It was deeply embarrassing but thankfully I have the most wonderful bunch of colleagues. They really are brilliant.

wine

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 24-Jan-14 20:52:13

Well why on earth didn't you WARN us moose?

grin

ConstantCraving Fri 24-Jan-14 20:52:57

Thanks Moose and lougle - I probably need to be handed a grip too. I'm happy to blame the moon. I used to be a midwife and the moon always caused havoc when it was full.

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 24-Jan-14 20:53:14

Oh, the good news is that baby ds still can't say a word, but he can sign 'picnic basket' thanks to Mr Tumble.....

PolterGoose Fri 24-Jan-14 20:53:59

Constant (((hugs))) and wine I got into work early on Monday and ranted about all ds's crap at a very lovely colleague who had merely asked how my week was blush mostly I keep shtum and put on my professional facade, I try very hard to keep it all separate.

Galena Fri 24-Jan-14 20:54:04

Get him watching Yogi Bear, Star!

AtYourCervix Fri 24-Jan-14 20:54:56

Moose. That makes sense.

When the moon is doing wierd stuff it's always a nightmare at work. Full moon was the 16th i think.

PolterGoose Fri 24-Jan-14 20:55:07

grin at picnic basket, I'm sure it will be very useful in the summer

AtYourCervix Fri 24-Jan-14 20:56:32

15th. So a week of tears and emotional crappiness.

Next week will be better.

hazeyjane Fri 24-Jan-14 20:56:40

wine chocolate and more wine to all who need it.

Sounds like people have had some awful weeks.

My fil is here, so more rum needed tonight!

Dd2 got her new glasses tonight, and I bought her a new book as 'well done' with all the eye tests, assessments etc. she is such a poseur!

Autumn, I am trying to learn some BSL, to boost the amount of signing we do, ds picks it up very quickly, and I feel like I need to make more of an effort.

ConstantCraving Fri 24-Jan-14 21:00:08

Polter - I keep everything separate - or try too - but it just got all mixed up today. Was talking to a senior manager and he apologised for something he'd done and I just started bawling. Poor man didn't know what to do and kept apologising for upsetting me. He hadn't done anything except be nice blush.

moosemama Fri 24-Jan-14 21:00:34

Well Star, typically my mum didn't give me the heads up until too late. hmm grin

grin at Yogi Bear!

Ouryve I have been watching Wiley Coyote with ds2 this afternoon. My lot love the old Looney Tunes cartoons and the vintage Tom and Jerry. Hong Kong Phooey, Top Cat, Mr Benn, Paddington and the lovely Trumpton and Camberwick Green (and whatever the other village is called) are also big hits. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now