Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and carrot 10th Jan 13

(327 Posts)
StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 10-Jan-14 17:34:20

Anyone wanna be on my darts team?

Feel like chucking a few.

Things alright here atm but a bit stressful as trying to charter new territory with the LA who just won't do as I say........ though to be fair they can't yet if they are doing their jobs properly.

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 10-Jan-14 18:00:27

I don't do chat but I do do darts!

Catch me whilst sober grin - you have around 5 mins

I am just numb/well fucked off - can't tell yet.

I think DS2s diagnosis is just starting to sink in.

And then my mum's stoke.

Returning to my PhD.

Let's get pissed. Who's with me? (I will do it alone if necessary).

wine

SallyBear Fri 10-Jan-14 18:01:03

Saw your post about DS earlier. Being a parent with a kid at Special School and seeing the various types of school transport that my LA use, can you request a change to the current transport rather than move him? Wouldn't that be an awful lot of upheaval for him to deal with?

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 10-Jan-14 18:07:39

Oh I love darts! Been ages since I played. To be fair, it's been ages since I've been to the pub. Although I think I will have wine tonight.

Stressed up to the eyeballs, but spent the morning (and part of the afternoon) with a lovely friend, looking at some different ways to redecorate her home and chatting and having brew. Makes me feel a bit more human.

I am going to write down everything that is causing me stress, and then start working on fixing it or changing it (or simply changing my view of it).

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 10-Jan-14 18:08:52

Oh, and DS1 has had a few dry nights. I'm amazed. Lots of praise, but I won't get my hopes up yet. (he's still up and down throughout the night, so bang goes the theory of the paed that the nighttime wettings were waking him up. hmm)

SallyBear Fri 10-Jan-14 18:12:23

Alice - That's great about the dry nights! We have a few days a week when DS4 is dry overnight and then days when he's not.

AliceinWinterWonderland Fri 10-Jan-14 18:14:16

Sally that's great! Always hope, right? I admit I'm hoping that at the very least it will mean his eczema will lessen a bit on his legs. I know the wee irritates it.

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 10-Jan-14 18:14:56

Ah sorry Keep

It sounds like a very stressful time for you. I saw some of your other posts.

Sally It won't be an upheaval for ds I don't think. It probably ought to but for a child with ASD he really is most easy going about major changes without warning. The transport thing is a consideration so thanks for that. But I have no idea how I would put that to the LA or give my true reasoning. I.e. can you please take him straight there and bring him straight back because I need to educate him as the school does not.

Woohooo for Alice and the dry nights.

SallyBear Fri 10-Jan-14 18:18:41

How long is his journey? If it means that he's spending too long on transport and that it's affecting him at home ie. he is overtired, moody etc. then I'd go with that.

PolterGoose Fri 10-Jan-14 18:27:04

Sorry about your mum Keep flowers enjoy your wine

Glad you had a old day Alice and well done ds smile

Ok here. Ds is friends again with his 2 best friends which, if it lasts, should make school less crappy. And I have returned to being 99.99% good mother grin

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 10-Jan-14 18:28:35

The school we want for him is further away though. Though arguably not via 9 children's houses like the current one.

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 10-Jan-14 18:29:27

You really ought to be aiming for no more than 80% Polter.

Quite apart from anything else you'll show me up. I already don't know how to sew.

SummerRain Fri 10-Jan-14 18:30:42

Evening all. The house is very quiet as ds1 is at a friend's house shock One of the few mothers who invites him as she's fairly unfazed by quirky behaviour (she works with SN adults).

Ds2 is randomly screaming at his ds but other than that it's quite peaceful. I've just made dds Lego cafe that she got for xmas with her (we'd forgotten about it til tonight blush)

I'm still a bit shook up about the badger, not helped by the lads at work teasing me mercilessly after I told them... Although oddly he wasn't on the road on my way back so part of me is praying that myth about badgers surviving all sorts is true... I couldn't stop when it happened due to the location so I wasn't able to get out and verify his demise. Wishful thinking I think though as I properly hit the poor bastard sad

SallyBear Fri 10-Jan-14 18:30:58

Yay for almost sweeping the board on the Good Mother front Polter!

KeepOn wine

I have managed to get a whole chicken breast into DS4 that wasn't breadcrumbed, by marinating it and frying so it became sticky and then threading the meat onto a skewer. smile Nice to see him eat something that wasn't a sausage, nugget or a fish finger!

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 10-Jan-14 18:34:26

Wine and R4 6:30 comedy. Bliss smile

youarewinning Fri 10-Jan-14 18:34:48

ahhhh didn't realise we were open here! Just posted on old one with some info.

99.99% Polter? - Show off grin

DS made me lol today. Picked him up and did the usual questions about day. Then he asked me - very robotic and learnt by rote voice - did you have a good day? What did you learn today? What did you like most about today?

Can you tell his salt target with ELSA is based on conversation?!

youarewinning Fri 10-Jan-14 18:37:41

Oh and startlight - feel quite rude having not kept in touch re p levels. I haven't forgotton but system/ programme changed and not got it yet. Good news is when its sorted it'll be easier to import and export information!

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Fri 10-Jan-14 18:40:40

Summer - I've just heard on the radio that the cull cost 4k a badger....

PolterGoose Fri 10-Jan-14 18:41:30

youare background to 99.99% is here It was very funny grin I've never managed to teach ds anything relating to manners/politeness/social niceties, he just doesn't 'get it' (his words) so well done your ds smile

Well done on the chicken Sally envy

moosemama Fri 10-Jan-14 18:44:07

Star, just had a quick look at the guidelines for transport and they say a maximum reasonable journey time of no more than 45 minutes for primary aged children. They also state that it may be less for children with SEN and/or disabilities. This is based on provision of non-stressful transport, so by the government's own definition your LA are stressing your ds out by having him on transport for too long every day.

I got it off the IPSEA page here, but the document they're referring to is this one.

You probably already know this, but I thought the links might come in handy.

Lesley25 Fri 10-Jan-14 18:44:19

I'm at the bar getting them in..Ds starts new ms school monday so my "happy face" can now be my "scared as feck" face instead as he's in the bath with dad.... And i've heard a rumour the brilliant HT is now leaving in July - you think she would've told me at our millionith transition meeting.
Hold the rocks, i'll take the first few straight.

moosemama Fri 10-Jan-14 18:51:33

Somebody save me ... I swear dd has not stopped talking since first thing this morning. She's barely drawn breath. I feel like I am being talked to death, the dogs have retreated to their beds and the boys have holed up in their bedroom.

Dh has just arrived home, so may have to retreat to bed myself soon, just to get away from the endless stream of consciousness blathering. shock

SummerRain Fri 10-Jan-14 18:52:38

Keepon... we don't cull them over here. Farmers occasionally poison them but even hard hearted types generally leave them alone. It's considered bad luck to kill a badger so quite a different attitude to the UK. Although in this case killing the badger was just part of my shitty bad luck morning so I'm hoping he doesn't send me any more bad fortune confused I've passed badgers a few times on this stretch but they've always stayed well away from the car... this one legged it out in front of me and it was a narrow boreen in the pitch dark and rain so there simply wasn't anywhere to swerve to and i'd just come round a bend so didn't have enough warning to stop. I've been so lucky in the five years I've been driving never to hit anything bigger than a mouse or frog, considering where we live I suppose I've done alright but I'm a tree hugging hippy type at heart and it really shocked me... I cried most of the way to work blush

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 10-Jan-14 19:03:56

Thanks Moose, DS is on the road for 45mins exactly each way, but going there he is picked up at 7:30, gets to school at 8:15, sits in the taxi until 8:30 and is chucked out then as someone mans the gates until 9am when school starts hmm

So 'technically' the journey is only 45mins.

I was considering complaining about it but for a while but figured in I could get dd a place in breakfast club from 7:30 and ds was in a taxi then I'd only have to get a childminder for ds and I could get a job.

However dd's breakfast club has a 18month waiting list apparently.

I did complain when the taxi started to regularly turn up at 7:15 though.

But anyway, hopefully he'll be at home with me when I figure out how to convince the EWO.

StarlightMcKingsThree Fri 10-Jan-14 19:05:53

you are Don't be daft. I was grateful for your offer but wasn't planning on holding you to it. Life takes over and then some, for all of us. If you get it great. If not I'm a capable person and will find other ways of doing things.

In fact knowing me, I'll find multiple ways of doing things whether you get them or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now