Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

It's Saturday!!!Why did no-one tell me??? Goose&Carrot - late,early opening...

(202 Posts)
hazeyjane Sat 28-Dec-13 13:37:51

...my mother is here for post Christmas visit.

I need a drink.

ouryve Sat 28-Dec-13 14:05:16

We've all lost track of what day it is.

Cheers! wine

autumnsmum Sat 28-Dec-13 14:15:11

Hazey was it your mum who attended the Robert mapplethorpe exhibition? Am laughing at Aibu I have two dcs with sn ,have formula fed ,have mum in my user name and a tattoo.i must be the definition of common!

zzzzz Sat 28-Dec-13 14:15:51

Ha ha! I feel just the same. Saturday! How does this happen?

I'm glad I wasn't surprised by a Mother though. grin

LickingMyWounds Sat 28-Dec-13 15:55:14

I made the mistake of visiting mine. Apparently it must be really hard for my full time working (sometimes away), golf playing at the weekend husband who watches TV while I put the kids to bed because he never gets a break like I do while the kids are at school .... Baileys please!

bigbluebus Sat 28-Dec-13 16:26:12

Another one here who's confused with the days - they all seem to merge into one at the moment.
DH & DS have gone to visit the 'in-laws' for another family Christmas gathering. We usually all go, but with DD having been so poorly over the last few weeks, there is no way we could risk the 4 hour journey (each way) so I have opted to stay at home with her. It is a shame really, as I do get on with the in-laws and MIL is an excellent cook as we only manage to see them twice a year and they are in their late 80's now, so it is always at the back of your mind that they may not be around much longer.
Carers coming to look after DD tomorrow so that I can do the 190 mile round trip to visit my Mum in hospital - she is improving slowly but will be in hospital for a while yet and then we need to decide where she is able to live. The only 'respite' I get at the moment is spent visiting my DM - I am getting to the point of exhaustion and dread the long drive to visit. I did get her a basic mobile phone so I can ring her and she rings me but sometimes it is difficult to have a conversation as she is slightly deaf and doesn't always hold the phone in the right place and rings me to ask stupid questions like how to turn the tv off above her bed.

Hazey, I will join you in a drink but think I may make mine non-alcoholic as have probably drunk more than I should have over the last few days.

ItsAWonderfulCervix Sat 28-Dec-13 16:32:28

Evening lovelies.

I never know what day it is anyway.

I'm planning yet another bottle of cava this evening.

Had a nice walk this afternoon with D2 and the dogs followed by a strop over the lack of anything to drink in the house.

We have

Coke
Fanta
Irn bru
Apple juice
Water (tap)
Cava
Red wine
Beer (assorted)
Baileys
Gin (assorted)

fhmm

ItsAWonderfulCervix Sat 28-Dec-13 16:33:33

Cheers to mother in laws and hope your mum is improving BBB.

bigbluebus Sat 28-Dec-13 16:43:35

itsawonderful thank you . DM has been a lot better the last couple of days. Long may it continue.
My DS often complains there is nothing to eat, even when the cupboards and fridge are overflowing. He also asks if there are "any nice drinks" ie coke, Dr Pepper, any other sugary crap.
His latest over Christmas has been when asked what he would like to drink, to reply "What is there?" when he knows exactly what there is and what he really means is "Can I have a can of cider/bottle of beer/glass of wine? " confused - teenagers!

hazeyjane Sat 28-Dec-13 16:43:46

Ooh, I will join you in a cava, cervix.

Yes, my mum is the one that went to the Robert Mapplethorpe exhibition, Autumn (and then gave us lots of descriptions of all the glorious details!)

she has built her nest on the sofa, surrounded herself with papers and half drunk cups of tea, so she is happy. ( dh, on the other hand is upstairs making an airfix model and muttering)

hope things are ok with your mum, bigblue.

ItsAWonderfulCervix Sat 28-Dec-13 16:48:00

I'm weeping over Call the Midwife.

Right at the beginning what set me off was the midwives singing a carol who heard the newborn cry. That look they gave each other was just perfect and one I see often.

ItsAWonderfulCervix Sat 28-Dec-13 16:51:19

And poor little Timothy polishing his dads shoes.

And the brave bomb chap.

ItsAWonderfulCervix Sat 28-Dec-13 16:59:05

And a baby!

<<weeps more>>

Gets me every time. Even before cava.

SallyBear Sat 28-Dec-13 19:38:34

Oh lord. My mil managed to piss me off on Xmas day. I'm busy hoovering the stairs at 9.30. She walks past and says 'shouldn't you be putting the turkey in now dear?' Give me strength!
Having to repaint ds4's room as the paint we put up seems to mark up. It's been up a week! Very annoying. Oh and my car battery died today. Bless the RAC!
DS4 has a cold and dd has a chest infection. Other than feeding the world this week, it's been fairly chilled out here.

carrotcakeandwine Sat 28-Dec-13 20:16:43

Yes, I lose track of what day it is when school is on holiday.

Definitely wine here. Long day. DS1 has had a few meltdowns today - just when I think we're getting a handle on a situation, he falls apart. Some outside stresses adding to it though. DS2 is in the "screaming and kicking and tantrumming" stage right now. Oh yes, it's all fun in our house. hmm

I love having the DCs home, but at the same time, I know they need the school routine.

carrotcakeandwine Sat 28-Dec-13 20:24:51

And I am beginning to think that DS1 doesn't have an "off" button or a "volume control" button. My brain is whirling from the constant input all day. I have been literally followed into the toilet, the bathtub, the kitchen, and everywhere today, with the chattering nonstop, expecting constant responses.

All the days have started to blend into one really long day.

Feeling grateful that Christmas passed without incident.

We are going to a NYE party/sleepover with about 25 adults/children: I have no idea how well things will go.

ouryve Sat 28-Dec-13 20:28:36

carrotcake DS1 has been very in your face again, today.

Though both of them have been rooted to Up, which was just on. DS2 liked the talking dogs - specially the ones with funny voices! We threatened to turn it off a few times, as DS1 was pinballing more and more, as he laughed at it.

ouryve Sat 28-Dec-13 20:29:56

Ooh - dryer calls. I have to pass the fridge with the Chablis in it to empty it.

I had a day off the booze, yesterday, so fully intend to indulge tonight grin

Eh? Saturday? How did that happen?! grin

I've put my application in to study an Introduction to an Early Years Setting in February - quite excited as it'll then lead into Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools in September and then I can go be a TA smile

Impatiently waiting for my new toy phone to arrive on Monday or Tuesday and my new glasses in a week or so smile

ouryve Sat 28-Dec-13 20:54:11

Whahey! Good luck, Lollipop!

Jacksterbear Sat 28-Dec-13 21:50:42

"And I am beginning to think that DS1 doesn't have an "off" button or a "volume control" button. My brain is whirling from the constant input all day. I have been literally followed into the toilet, the bathtub, the kitchen, and everywhere today, with the chattering nonstop, expecting constant responses."

"carrotcake DS1 has been very in your face again, today."

^^ carrotcake and ouryve that sounds very familiar! wine wine

youarewinning Sat 28-Dec-13 22:04:43

Hey all. Does anyone else's DCs ignore you when in the room but suddenly want your attention as soon as your occupied/ on phone/ on loo! My DS is terrible for this. Doesn't want to engage in conversation but as soon as I'm doing something else he's talking to me - wanting food/ drink etc. I lock myself in bathroom ignore and walk away but he just follows or continues through bathroom door. I've never engaged or given him what he wants - so why won't he stop?

MariaStillChristmas Sun 29-Dec-13 00:09:33

Do your DCs ignore you when in the room but suddenly want your attention as soon as your occupied/ on phone/ on loo?

Yep. All of them. Tho the apparently-NT one is probably the worst grin

SallyBear Sun 29-Dec-13 11:04:07

Just waiting for DS4's carer to arrive so that I can crack on with decorating in relative peace! Hope that she's remembered!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now