Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot, 6 December

(198 Posts)
Galena Fri 06-Dec-13 17:09:55

Let me open up!

Trigglesx Fri 06-Dec-13 17:43:29

Pick your poison. fgrin

Galena Fri 06-Dec-13 18:04:51

wine please. Off to the playgroup night out - but not arriving at the restaurant till 8:30 so won't be eating till 9... I'll be asleep by pudding!

I'm also driving so no wine in real life for me...

moosemama Fri 06-Dec-13 18:27:59

My tipple of choice this evening!

Enjoy your night out Galena.

Trigglesx Fri 06-Dec-13 18:38:08

I think a glass of wine and a good movie once DCs are asleep tonight. I need cheering up. Has been hellish couple days consisting of family and friends who have been saying "oh let us help you, don't try to do everything on your own" and then they utterly and completely step back and don't help and leave me in the lurch. New motto... don't expect help, so you won't be disappointed. hmm

Handywoman Fri 06-Dec-13 18:47:52

Exhausted with bad chest. Very ranty dd2. Busy weekend ahead including my bestie's 40th, we are playing a few choons (we are in a band ) at the party and rehearsing here tonight. I have prepared a spread including du pain , du vin et du Boursin! Will be squiffy by 2030h. Lord help the local childbearing women tomorrow! The big nite is tomorrow and I still need to buy Spanks to hold me in, and a birthday card ! Happy Weekend all ! Only two weeks of school left !!

SummerRain Fri 06-Dec-13 18:50:02

Evening. Dp has just arrived home to save me and we're about to order pizza. I made it through the day [rum]

Galena Fri 06-Dec-13 18:52:20

Glad you all made it through to this evening... DD has just gone up with DH for her bath. I will need to get changed soon for the (sober) night ahead. Ho hum.

moosemama Fri 06-Dec-13 18:54:40

Triggles that sounds very hard and really frustrating - I have 'people' that do that to me all the time and it drives me batty. I have adopted a very similar motto as a result. wine flowers

Handywoman, sorry to hear about your chest. Hope you are able to enjoy your evening tonight and have fun tomorrow night.

Summer, mine has just walked through the door too. I managed to get through the day without the sleep I was desperate for, but am fit to collapse now. Hope you can get some rest over the weekend.

Trigglesx Fri 06-Dec-13 18:59:20

moose sorry you're not feeling well - hope you're feeling better soon. Yes, part of it was my DD spectacularly letting me down and then making a nasty comment about it (rather in a "kick me when I'm done" vein tbh). I am supposed to be taking the boys to DGS's birthday party tomorrow and to be honest, the last thing I want to do is be anywhere near DD as I'm afraid I may just blow up and tell her that I didn't raise her to be such a spiteful cow. blush

Trigglesx Fri 06-Dec-13 19:07:10

DD's partner comes from a wealthy family, and sadly I think it's gone to her head a bit. He's lovely, but she has made a few pointed comments about getting out of the poky little flat (that she used to be grateful for and pleased with) and scathing comments about the neighbourhood we both live in (which is actually not a bad area IMO). She needs a reality check, and if she's not careful I will be giving it to her. hmm

PolterGoose Fri 06-Dec-13 19:07:32

That sounds so hard Triggles flowers

Have a good night Handy and Galena

moose and Summer hope you both get well soon

I managed to make 9 jars of marmalade today, fingers crossed it has set.

Trigglesx Fri 06-Dec-13 19:11:10

Galena have a lovely night out!

Summer hope you're better soon.

Polter 9 jars? Wow! I'm jealous of anyone that can make jam or marmalade. I think it's a lost art. I have a friend that can - she's just one of those "can do it all" types of people that make me wish I was so capable. Hope it's set for you. <ponders how to sneak into Polter's house and swipe some marmalade> fgrin

hazeyjane Fri 06-Dec-13 19:12:18

rrrraaaaaaaargh (pirate stylee)

back after bedtime.

Trigglesx Fri 06-Dec-13 19:17:57

I'll be relaxing over here by the fire.

Galena Fri 06-Dec-13 19:23:08

I have lots of homemade jam under the stairs made from the fruit from our garden. This year, however, we're using the fruit to make wine!

PolterGoose Fri 06-Dec-13 19:25:33

Triggles jam and marmalade are dead easy, they really are. This is a shelf in my larder after my first preserving frenzy shortly after moving here and being faced with a glut of plums that started me off on all this.

PolterGoose Fri 06-Dec-13 19:26:53

Hmm, wine, Galena, let me know how it goes, we've got a cellar that might be ideal for wine making...

SallyBear Fri 06-Dec-13 19:29:49

Marking my place. Need to throw boys into bed and collect the big two from their night out. Need a glass of wine, but holding out until they're home.

Trigglesx Fri 06-Dec-13 19:31:10

Hmmmm... now this IS interesting. Galena lives nearby... <pondering carefully here> I could feasibly swipe jam from her house. fgrin Must act nonchalant. smile there. that'll do it. grin

Wow Polter I've never tried making jam myself, although I've been there and sort of kind of helped when my friend made it. Wine making would be cool too.

Galena Fri 06-Dec-13 19:33:55

Wine is easy too - We've done wine from grapes 3 years running, and last year we added lots of forest-fruit juice too.

It's very drinkable and lethal as long as you are patient. The longer you take, the better the wine!

Galena Fri 06-Dec-13 19:35:34

Trigs, you'd be welcome to some - no sneaking around needed!

We have HUGE amounts of raspberry plus some plum, gooseberry, blackcurrant and strawberry (I think)

Trigglesx Fri 06-Dec-13 19:43:24

Oh Galena I've been meaning to ask - how is your DD doing? Recovering well?

Galena Fri 06-Dec-13 19:53:11
PolterGoose Fri 06-Dec-13 19:56:00

Just WOW Galena fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now