Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose & Carrot. Nov 29. Brrrr, that wind is cold!

(367 Posts)
ouryve Fri 29-Nov-13 16:39:06

Though I'd open up.

Was reminded, on the way home, how hard DS2's buggy is to push uphill, into the wind. Needed refreshment after all that effort. I've just given him my iPad because I can't be arsed to chase him all over teh house: off the wardrobe, out of the freezer etc.

Yes, he's continuing to do loads of brilliant new stuff and drive us up the wall in equal measure. His 1:1 said today that she's stopped taking a break at lunch time because he climbs on the boiler house and various other structures, the first chance he gets.

Got my appeal sent off, yesterday, so can now concentrate on what DS1 sees as the important stuff - his birthday on Sunday!

So, help yourselves to cake, hot chocolate, or something stronger. And shut the door. There's a draught.

Great. I already started on the wine.

It's a bit scary now as next week my statement for school governor gets published and I'm heavily involved in the school Xmas fair tomorrow. The personalities involved are, erm strong.

Good news about getting the appeal in. YOu have a bit of respite now.

Happy birthday Ouryve's ds for Sun.

ouryve Fri 29-Nov-13 16:55:33

Yes, it was nice to do a bit of mindless baking, today. (I've yet to wash up, mind!) I need to get my hair cut, next week. It's looking awful. I'm not leaving the house without a hat!

Good luck with the governor application. It all seems very tame, here.

If we get to Beamish, on Sunday, I shall report back!

PolterGoose Fri 29-Nov-13 17:01:37

Good luck Star with the election and ouryve for the appeal. Happy birthday for Sunday cake

It's warmer here than earlier in the week but a pot of tea would be lovely brew

Odd week here, ds very chatty, but he doesn't seem to be getting any of the support at school he should be getting, but I can't work out what to do this time. He seems ok, better than usual at this time of year so am tempted to leave it until after Xmas, I'll be keeping him off for odd days anyway to keep his anxiety down. I've heard more good stuff about the local secondary which confirms my very positive impressions. Work is crappy, I'm achey and tired.

lougle Fri 29-Nov-13 17:25:46

Well done ouryve. It is chilly.

Star, I'm sure you'll be fine - elections are horrible things. I'd ban names on statements if I was in charge, so it was simply the best 'statement' that got the election - no personalities.

Polter, there's a dilemma. Good decision to wait with just 3 weeks left, I think.

I'm a bit knackered. I have had a migraine for the last 2 days. I could take an injection but seem to have developed a mental block so am trying to ignore it. DD1 has been on INSET today and our Homestart lady was going to take her out for a bit then play with all 3 girls when they came home. But she had to dash off suddenly so I had some very disgruntled children. DD3 was vile, but has calmed now.

DD2 seems 'ok'.

What was really interesting was going to a family party yesterday, DD2 has a 2nd cousin the exact same age as her. He is just going through ASD+ADHD assessment (apparently) and although they were complete opposites (he was loud, boistrous, etc., and she was shy to the point of it being painful) they were very similar.

Handywoman Fri 29-Nov-13 17:45:03

Lougle that's so interesting, my dd2 also has a 2nd cousin, exactly the same age and profile. They see each other infrequently but last time they were together they hid under a bed and had the weirdest, deep-and-meaningful conversations. They hit it off in a way I've never seen before. My cousin's wife has a hunch he is in the spectrum. He has a very strangely 'female' presentation. Which is odd. Don't know if she's had him referred yet.

My week has been the most stressful for months. Dd2 has scaled new heights for anxiety, was a ranty ball of scream and tears for 48hours. I've had teaching to prepare, students to assess, and a very stressful case at work which turned into a bit of a crisis. My work phone is going OFF now till Tues.

We are all in need of down time but it's school fair tomorrow. Anyone mind if I start on the gin?

Good luck starlight with statement and happy birthday mini-Ouryve for Sunday cake

Lougle is dd2 sleeping a bit better? Hope the migraine goes this evening <proffers gin>

lougle Fri 29-Nov-13 17:51:11

Oooh yes, happy birthday masterOuryve!

DD1 is 8 on Tuesday smile She's having an 8th BD party at a softplay in the evening of the Saturday with lots of her friends from school. To say she's excited is an understatement!

It really is interesting Handy - they were born 3 hours apart, so it's interesting to see another child of exactly the same age. I think he got a bit of a surprise because he hit me yesterday and I said 'Don't do that.' He replied 'I can.' and I replied 'absolutely not. My girls aren't allowed to and neither are you.' He looked a bit shock then decided I'd made my point grin

lougle Fri 29-Nov-13 17:52:00

DD2 has managed 3 nights in bed!

Handywoman Fri 29-Nov-13 17:55:11

Haha sounds like you did make your point! Happy Birthday Lougle's dd1, hope tomorrow goes well. Is dd2 going?

Handywoman Fri 29-Nov-13 17:56:20

Well done re dd2 Lougle, hope she's calmer and you've broken the loop for now.

lougle Fri 29-Nov-13 18:41:24

Oh the party isn't until next Saturday, but thank you. We've got exclusive hire, so it's just DD1, her sisters, her cousins and 16 other children with complex needs grin We could have some fireworks but it will be fun!

SallyBear Fri 29-Nov-13 18:44:55

Marking my place. Just need to get smalls to bed, have my dinner and drink wine.

ouryve Fri 29-Nov-13 19:11:13

Where was that wine bottle? hmm

autumnsmum Fri 29-Nov-13 19:26:04

Brilliant annual review for dd2 her sp sch have said she wouldn't have coped in mainstream so we made the right decision with school .a woman from dds school is going to observe ds on Monday which should be interesting

lougle Fri 29-Nov-13 19:29:19

That's brilliant, autumnsmum! Were you pleased with her progress so far?

Levantine Fri 29-Nov-13 19:33:15

Hallo, I don't normally come here, we have had a run of calm for ds, but here I am with my large glass of white wine and my knitting. Poor old ds had a supply teacher today and came out a bit rattled. Then when we got home he refused to get out of the car and curled up and howled in a way that I haven't seem him do before sad. Poor love. I am going to email the Senco and ask what they have in place to ensure that supply teachers know his needs (ADHD/asd).

DH away for the weekend and we are going for a sleepover at my friends house tomorrow - ds adores her son it will be fun.

autumnsmum Fri 29-Nov-13 19:38:50

Happy birthday to lougle and ouryve Dcs I am delighted with dd2s progress I can't praise her school enough

lougle Fri 29-Nov-13 19:43:47

Night 4 is a failure sad she only needed to sleep tonight to get her reward but she's sat on the sofa.

hazeyjane Fri 29-Nov-13 19:44:45

Marking place too,have a new phone and my fingers seem to be too fat for it. Have been trying to cuddle ds to sleep,and have to extricate myself and get pizza and wine.

SummerRain Fri 29-Nov-13 20:51:01

hey all, just checking in so i can find this thread tomorrow. Dp and I are stuffing ourselves with munchies and watching shite tv... rock'n'roll lifestyle or what? wink

Strongecoffeeismydrug Fri 29-Nov-13 20:57:24

Quite a good week here,ds is still anxious after school but it's lessened a lot this week so light at the end of the tunnel.
Ds seems to have a bit more understanding that his baby sister will be actually leaving mummy's tummy soon and it's adorable when he talks to her via my belly button smile.

Thepoodoctor Fri 29-Nov-13 21:03:51

Oh happy birthday mini ourvye and mini lougle! Hope you have lovely weekends.

I was sitting here thinking I had killed the thread with my sad update, and then realised there was a more prosaic reason grin

DS got to go to a building site and sit on a digger today as part of his 'life skills' group which I believe translates as 'let's do something more interesting on a Friday afternoon than PE'. Fine by me and DS loves it. I wonder where they got access to a digger!

Still struggling with him trying to warn off DDs best friend and brother with everything at his disposal. Yes, he has 1:1 polter but I think she is seeing him playing nicely with his own friends and DD and not wanting to interfere - she may well be missing him being horrible to DDs friends when they ask for her to come and play. Not that they should have to ask angryangryangry

Ourvye I am so impressed and jealous that your freezer includes a cake drawer. I think I may have to implement this ...

Thepoodoctor Fri 29-Nov-13 21:05:29

Star good luck with the election. I am a parent governor for my obviously very considerable sins, so if you get in and want any advice happy to help.

How many candidates for how many spots? With ours there were 4 for 3 so I can't claim the political nous of Mandelson smile

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 29-Nov-13 21:28:05

Happy birthday to Ouryve's ds and Lougle's dd. Sorry that dd2's sleeping isn't sorted.

Star hope the electioneering isn't too fierce.

Polter your Ds's poem is really good. And shows his knowledge and interests too.

I have managed to get dd excused from outside PE in cold weather. She can go to the library instead which suits her fine. The head of PE was eminently reasonable but her class teacher seemed oblivious to the inherent contradiction in saying that dd couldn't be inside unsupervised as it was a health and safety concern while ignore the fact that sitting outside in the cold for an hour is detrimental to her health.

Ds had his 'graduation' evening on Wed, when they collect their GCSE certificates and prizes are awarded. He got a maths prize and an award for 'resilience and determination'. grin It was also to hear him say when we arrived for the pre-do refreshments 'Right, I'm going to mingle' and off he went.

DontSweatTheSmallStuff Fri 29-Nov-13 21:42:10

Happy birthday to ouryve's ds and lougle's dd

Good luck with the governor election starlight

Passes wine and gin to those who need it keeps cider to herself

Mixed week here, ds was excluded again for lashing out at teachers <sigh> and his Qb test for adhd was a complete disaster, not helped by woman doing the test who nearly caused a meltdown. OTOH he did some great school work at home today, and was really proud of himself, and also did really well joining in at a party which is usually a source of meltdowns, clingyness and stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now