Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose & Carrot 8th November

(208 Posts)
SallyBear Fri 08-Nov-13 16:06:41

I'm looking out at the rain lashing against the windows and seriously wondering if its too early for a warming and soothing glass of Shiraz....?

DS3 will be 8 on Sunday and I have my DM and MIL over to have lunch. Wondering how long before they both adopt their pseudo posh telephone voices and talk earnestly about the state of the nation. confused I will be mashing the life out of potatoes trying to envisage that its their heads in the pan! More wine. wine

ouryve Fri 15-Nov-13 18:55:33

Yes, thanks, poodoctor - I was typing in a hurry while i drank my tea, as I had to dash out and catch a bus. I got MN's message while I was still travelling, so they responded pretty quickly!

Galena Fri 15-Nov-13 18:19:20

New thread here

autumnsmum Fri 15-Nov-13 15:52:02

Oh dear strayed into Aibu someone was complaining their dc who is 4 wants to do pretend play with them all day .felt like posting that I would jump for joy if my dd4 asked me even once to do pretend play with her

Galena Fri 15-Nov-13 14:43:42

Well, DD lasted till 1.45... I think she realised that Friday 'fun afternoon' wasn't as fun as she thought so she wailed and told them she was tired so they phoned me to collect her...

She doesn't now seem terribly tired, so I'm a little sceptical, but willing to give her the benefit of the doubt for a few weeks.

Thepoodoctor Fri 15-Nov-13 13:33:32

That's amazing, well done mini Hazey! smile

Galena Fri 15-Nov-13 12:21:56

WOOHOO! Well done mini-hazey! grin

PolterGoose Fri 15-Nov-13 12:14:10

Wow hazey amazing, well done ds grin

hazeyjane Fri 15-Nov-13 12:13:16

He did it!!!!! Ds stayed at preschool for a whole session!!!!!

<faints>

autumnsmum Fri 15-Nov-13 11:59:49

Polter Hazey I want that suit

hazeyjane Fri 15-Nov-13 11:58:02

Right I am just going to picture everyone at the meeting wearing those, and I will be fine.

PolterGoose Fri 15-Nov-13 11:41:27

hazey look grin

Galena Fri 15-Nov-13 11:38:01

Oh MN! Where is your 'like' button! ;)

hazeyjane Fri 15-Nov-13 11:19:48

If only I could get a rush delivery for a carrot onesie, I would have the perfect TAC meeting outfit, curses!

Galena Fri 15-Nov-13 11:08:32

Do it, Hazey!

hazeyjane Fri 15-Nov-13 11:07:13

I wonder if it would be the done thing to go to ds's TAC meeting later, in a Pudsey onesie?

PolterGoose Fri 15-Nov-13 11:05:31

Fucking Pyjama Day!

Here here. Ds was foul this morning, nearly trashed his tablet, whilst he couldn't recognise it's because of fucking pyjama day it very clearly was completely because of it. Deep joy.

brew and cake all round

Thepoodoctor Fri 15-Nov-13 11:04:43

Aargh Galena! You see it's all so much better since we privatised them smile glad things are going well on other fronts though.

Hazey hope he's had a better day when you collect.

I just had to take DS coat and
Jumper in (forgotten in meltdown, jumper refused, and it's freezing here!) Hadn't meant to disturb DS but met a happy bubbling little boy on his way out to play who was delighted to see me, his jumper and the possibility of money for the CiN cake stall! Feel so much better, so hope you have a similar experience.

Now to have breakfast, hadn't got round to even a cup of tea yet and since DD had me up for three hours in the night ...

Galena Fri 15-Nov-13 10:02:26

DD has gone to school perfectly happy in her snuggly onesie... And is intending to stay all day. Hooray!

I've reported your post for editing, ouryve , hope that's ok? I agree, if his legs are hurting is there any other option for getting him there? Bike? Trike? Scooter? Car? Bus? And could you find some black trainers which might be accepted at school?

Good luck hazey here's hoping he does as fantastically as he has been today.

Got home from the school run to a phone message from the advisory teacher saying she will call the school today to talk about the issue and then either she or the preschool/school transition person will go in next week. smile

British Gas have put me in a bad mood... They have not been charging me for electricity for the past 9 months due to some sort of technical issue. Each time, however, they reassure me that it will be sorted by the next statement, but each time, it isn't. The direct debits are going in fine, so we won't be hit by a big bill once it is sorted, and they have the correct meter readings, they just aren't generating a charge. I've phoned and asked to speak to a manager, but apparently it'll be at least 2 hours till they phone me back...

Galena Fri 15-Nov-13 09:57:12

Reported...

hazeyjane Fri 15-Nov-13 09:55:11

Hah, yes, Thepoodr - even ds's preschool was supposed to be spots and stripes, and when we walked through the door the mangeress said, 'aah minihazey, i see you are celebrating children in need day by wearing black'...fortunately ds was a screaming, snotty mess and just screeched in her face, which says it all really.

Dd1 never joins in with any of the dress up days, anything that seems like enforced fun, makes her squirmy. Dd2 on the other hand came downstairs in her spotty swimsuit over stripey leggings wearing 2 sets of Pudsey ears....

Thepoodoctor Fri 15-Nov-13 09:48:47

Sorry, I mean well done until 100 yards away. Is driving an option? Not ideal I know but needs must?

[tea]

Can't find button to report post for editing anyone else know how?

Thepoodoctor Fri 15-Nov-13 09:46:43

Well done Ourvye! Can he not wear trainers to school on a normal day? By the way you've put DS1s name in the message I suspect - reported for editing hope that's OK.

Galena glad you sent that email. As the mum of a kicker off before school I wouldn't be happy if the TA of a child who needed that support was being used to provide it. I'm sure friend will be fine about it!

Two words to describe my morning or three if im allowed an expletive: Fucking Pyjama Day! Not a good thing for children who don't do the unusual hmm

hazeyjane Fri 15-Nov-13 09:45:04

hands brew and cake to ouryve, that sounds hard.

I wrote a post yesterday, which seems to have disappeared! How odd!

I am all of a jitter, because I am trying leaving ds for a whole session at preschool today....it has happened by default because dd1 is off ill and because e only live 2 minutes away, it is easier to run over and get him iff he is hysterical, than trying to sort something out for dd1.

Unfortunately we have his TAC meeting this afternoon, at which all the statement/crap senco shit is going to (hopefully) be sorted, and we will have to take dd1 with us. Ah well.

ouryve Fri 15-Nov-13 09:27:56

Well, DS2 opted to wear his trainers, this morning, instead of his school shoes. Taking them off so I could remove his pyjamas was somewhat challenging, mind! He walked most of the way to school beautifully, with no whining or dropping to the ground, then, when we were almost there, started to complain. He dropped to the ground and started wailing just 100 yards from the school gate (and quite predictably, about a foot from some dogshit).

It's obvious his legs are hurting him. He always has walked better in his trainers (an ancient handmedown pair of Adifast - DS1 liked wearing them, too). He's so heavy that pushing his mac major is so hard going on the hills and uneven pavements, and, as I said, it's gone mouldy in the garage.

Aaaargh!

ouryve Thu 14-Nov-13 22:32:44

Glad you sent that email, Galena.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now