Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose & Carrot 8th November

(208 Posts)
SallyBear Fri 08-Nov-13 16:06:41

I'm looking out at the rain lashing against the windows and seriously wondering if its too early for a warming and soothing glass of Shiraz....?

DS3 will be 8 on Sunday and I have my DM and MIL over to have lunch. Wondering how long before they both adopt their pseudo posh telephone voices and talk earnestly about the state of the nation. confused I will be mashing the life out of potatoes trying to envisage that its their heads in the pan! More wine. wine

autumnsmum Fri 08-Nov-13 16:24:42

More wine coming your way ! Mixed week here dd1 was in a play Monday ds school refused on Wednesday but dd2 was photographed for both an individual and class photo at her ss sooooo happy as last year she refused to have one taken and screamed hysterically

SallyBear Fri 08-Nov-13 16:29:42

DS3 came back from school and said 'oh we had the school photos done today' I look at him in horror. He needed a haircut desperately and had lost two bottom teeth and a front tooth was sticking out like Nanny McPhee. 'Don't worry mum, I flattened my hair and cleaned my face. Looks pretty good actually!' The photos though lovely of my gorgeous boy, unfortunately can't hide the tooth that sticks out past his lips or the plastered down hair confused

PolterGoose Fri 08-Nov-13 16:30:18

Happy birthday for ds3 for Sunday Sally cake I suspect you'll be needing a lot of wine

Well done autumn's dd's grin and hope ds's week improved

SallyBear Fri 08-Nov-13 16:46:12

Autumn what was DD1's play about? Is DS ailing or has the school refusal happened before, and yes well done to your DD2 for being photographed. It's never easy....

autumnsmum Fri 08-Nov-13 16:53:14

Thanks for asking everyone she was in the London Shakespeare schools festival doing Romeo and Juliet .ds has a history of school refusal and it's always worse after a break such as half term.happy birthday to your ds mine was eight in february

SummerRain Fri 08-Nov-13 16:53:30

Sally, dd and ds1's school photos were the day they went back to school after their grandfather died last year. With all the upheaval I had completely and utterly forgotten about the damn things, dd had plaits which she'd slept in the night before and her hair was frizzing out of them in a bad way and both of them were scruffy as hell. The damn thing is on my living room wall as I couldn't think of a good excuse not to buy it!

ds2 is still lumpy and itchy and his mood is deteriorating rapidly. Days like this I wish I kept emergency rum in the house wink

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 08-Nov-13 17:23:28

evening smile

I see ouryve made the roundup this week, something about pussies and pom poms? grin

eye unit again for dd3 today with an appointment time that made school impossible <sigh> she didn't cope that well today and got quite stressed and loud, this seems to be becoming the norm. It's great that she is becoming more aware of what's going on around her but not so much when she doesn't like it.

pass the wine sally please!

SallyBear Fri 08-Nov-13 17:32:55

< passes wine to Ninja plus some yummy Lindor chocolate ball thingy >

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 08-Nov-13 17:39:07

ooooooooh choccies!! Thanks smile

NameChange70 Fri 08-Nov-13 17:41:12

A good week here. The only down bit was having to attend two events at the ms school my youngest has now left. It's weird because I am happy with the school for my older child but going in there makes me pissy and twitchy. Literally my chin had some kind of weird twitch going on all day. It's gone today. I will be relieved when he finally moves on to secondary, which is a shame really, but I don't think I'm ever going to shake off that feeling I get.

SallyBear Fri 08-Nov-13 17:49:45

My youngest can't even walk into DS3's ms school. He loathes it after spending two miserable terms in Reception, before moving to his SpSch.

NameChange70 Fri 08-Nov-13 17:53:53

Mine's okay, he's quite happy to come in for a bit. It's me! I hate it and I have to try and hide it for my older one. Even typing that first post has set the chin twitch off again lol. I think Bacardi is in order tonight!

Just a quick in and out, tonight. Boys are with their dad and I'm going out to a 'ladies pamper evening' fund raising excuse at one of the local schools. Hoping wine is involved.

My back is still dodgy, trying to stretch it.

DS1 did his Maths GCSE this week. Last year for being able to take them early. Results in Jan. My first experience of external exams for this generation. more nervous than he was

Have a good evening, everyone.

Summer, they do a calamine and glycerine combo that's quite good, too.

Galena Fri 08-Nov-13 18:29:07

Hi all - can't believe I missed the spa last week!

WE'RE HOME!

Can't promise to post much more coherently... I'm absolutely shattered and am keeping myself well dosed with alcohol and chocolate before consuming a takeaway once madam is in bed and then falling into bed.

Unfortunately, DH has invited visitors this weekend. GRRRRRRRRRR! So much for having a weekend to myself after 3 weeks stuck in a hospital.

stillstandingatthebusstop Fri 08-Nov-13 18:30:19

Namechange70 I am still bitter and twisted about ds3's mainstream school (that he got kicked out of) even though ds1 & 2 went through the school and were very happy there and well taught and supported confused It was a horrible time when he left.

Have name changed slightly to let you know what I have been doing this week. Transport has been awful.

PolterGoose Fri 08-Nov-13 18:31:25

So pleased you're home Galena, hope you manage some rest at the weekend, maybe send them all out?! How's dd?

MOIST Fri 08-Nov-13 18:33:34

Evening all.

Happy Birthday to LittleBear

And Hurrah! Galena.

DD2 is driving me nuts. Smashed up her bedroom door again last night because DD1 was in the shower at 9pm and is flatly refusing to go to science revision sessions.

She is infuriatin.

stillstandingatthebusstop Fri 08-Nov-13 18:34:42

Good to hear from you Galena!

SummerRain Fri 08-Nov-13 19:14:08

Galena, it's really good to see you back grin how's she doing? Sling the visitors in the general direction of the pub and 'accidentally' go to bed and lock them out? wink

The lumpy one is looking a bit better this evening so fx we might have an easier night tonight.

Galena Fri 08-Nov-13 19:20:33

DD's good. She's walking far more confidently and safely with walker (zimmer frame), she walks ok with tripod sticks although can't coordinate hands and feet, and can take a few independent steps.

Plenty of physio exercises to be getting on with now!

youarewinning Fri 08-Nov-13 19:24:13

Hey Galena so glad your home. Hows DD?

DS has tonsillitis and apparently his glands are huge. sad Good news is that he now has penicillin so hopefully he'll get better soon. Still isn't eating but for a while after ibuprofen/paracetamol he's doing his figiting etc - so getting back to normal grin

ouryve Fri 08-Nov-13 19:30:56

Much wine needed, in that case. Would be nice to visualise them buried under a pile of wet Daily Mauls.

ouryve Fri 08-Nov-13 19:40:23

Talk roundup? Where? I didn't know they still did them!

Glad you're home, Galena. I bet your own beds will seem super lovely, tonight.

Poor little fella, youare. There's no wonder he was so poorly, yesterday.

Galena Fri 08-Nov-13 19:44:18

Here is a little vid of DD's walking (ably assisted by DH) with tripod sticks. Look at that heelstrike! No toe-walking or inturning feet here any more! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now