Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Pros and cons of a whole school ASD approach

(3 Posts)
sugaplumfurry Mon 04-Nov-13 10:00:53

I'm here again with my random questions, I'm having a pondering morning again <<stops typing to stroke long imaginary gandolf style beard>> smile

What are your views/experiences of schools using strategies for ASD as a whole school approach?

On the one hand I think this is fantastic; that Dc with ASD are being recognized and supported, and I have read many times that these strategies work well with NT Dc too. Therefore I suppose you could say all are treated equally.

BUT (here comes the moan wink)

On the other hand I feel that it's a 'one size fits all' approach so not exactly tailored to the Dc with ASD....IYSWIM? As it's been said...'when you have met one child with ASD, you have met one child with ASD' hmm

What are your thoughts on this?

I have no idea what a whole school ASD approach even means and I suspect no-one else does which might be why no posts.

Do you know what it means?

sugaplumfurry Tue 05-Nov-13 23:05:24

Thank god starlight For a while there I actually thought I had been cast out of the MN community! Didn't really know how to word it TBH. School staff are trained to support children with ASD but use it in every lesson for all children rather than focus on the one who may need 'other' additional support...so more of a one size fits all..there you go we are providing support and that's all your getting....which is probably no clearer than my opening post ha ha!

It doesn't matter anyways I was just having one of those talking shit days that I have quite often smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now