Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot Spa 1 November

(240 Posts)
PolterGoose Fri 01-Nov-13 08:59:16

I thought we could all do with a lovely break, so the Goose and Carrot is hosting a pop up spa for the week. We can relax in the warm healing waters and eat lovely food and drink medicinal wine smile

If that doesn't appeal, the public bar will remain open for real booze and bar snacks or you can join me out the back for a fag grin

SallyBear Fri 01-Nov-13 09:04:07

Hot stones, a massage and a facial for me please. You can keep the carrot juice as I'll have a Bucks Fizz seeing as its early! smile

ouryve Fri 01-Nov-13 09:06:31

Just what I need. A stiff cup of tea please.

Though today is much calmer than yesterday. Yesterday was dramarific because someone didn't want it to be halloween and was anxious about the possibility of people knocking on our door. Thankfully, no one did and he's back to eating and drinking and not constantly yelling, this morning.

FrussoNeedsGin Fri 01-Nov-13 09:10:31

Ahhh just what I need; spa and a stiff drink. What's the best treatment for all over aching and a bad back? DH weighed dd2 last night and she's just pushing 4 stone. no wonder by back is f***ed

SallyBear Fri 01-Nov-13 09:12:10

Halloween was ok here. The others went out, DS4 was in the bath and I answered the door knockers. He didn't have his hearing aids in (bath time etc!), but tbh he is not interested in people so it was fairly ok.

SallyBear Fri 01-Nov-13 09:13:04

Chiropractor works well in this house Frusso!

NameChange70 Fri 01-Nov-13 09:17:35

Spa sounds like heaven. Can I join in this week? I don't very often so apologies, I don't quite keep up with who is who plus I name change regularly as I am paranoid about RL followers! DS is 6, we have just completed first half term at ss. Half term has been simultaneously amazing and awful! His language and communication have progressed massively, but also seems a bit more prone to lashing out. He's been hard work this week, mostly in a good way but I, still exhausted. Mixed feelings about last night. We get lots of trick & treaters, he loves opening the door and was very excited. Loads of the kids know him and they were lovely. But FFS the parents, some of them. Hotching uncomfortably from one foot to another, avoiding my eye and staring at him. WTAF is wrong with people? My older son is still at the ms school so I still have a few years to go with that. Both boys were happy and I guess the evening was a success, no meltdowns but I was very close to tears. Maybe I was just overtired but I just don't get people. I wasn't like that before I was a SN parent. Anyway, rant over! I'm guessing this was a tough week for lots of you, thanks for listening :-)

LilTreacle Fri 01-Nov-13 09:38:40

Spa break sounds perfect...lava shell massage please!!

Got CAMHs appointment today to get the result of the Connors questionnaires and discuss 'treatment'......not liking the sound of that much.....

Otherwise a good week...much more relaxed without the demands of school....

hazeyjane Fri 01-Nov-13 09:47:45

I don't do massages, hot tubs or steam rooms, but a bucks fizz sounds good!

PolterGoose Fri 01-Nov-13 10:18:13

Hope today is calmer ouryve smile

Frusso hot baths help my aching, I use Deep Heat stick on hot patches for my back during the day and then lashings of Tiger Balm overnight works miracles.

Name it's always the parents that are the problem IME, ds is at MS school and his year group just accept him, it's not even a tolerance, he just is who he is and they seem fine with that.

Lil good luck with CAMHS appointment, remember you don't have to agree to anything, ask for information and go away and think about it.

Ds had such a good day yesterday with his friend, when I think back to play dates 3 years ago I can see how far he's come smile

ouryve Fri 01-Nov-13 10:21:07

NameChange - it's a common experience here that our kids make for very sensitive plonker radars. We've been lucky enough to have very few negative experiences with other children, but the ones who have been difficult, nasty or goady with my boys have been comfortable enough to do it in front of their parents, without the parents batting an eyelid.sad

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 01-Nov-13 10:42:36

morning, spa sounds perfect, so long as I can just relax in a quiet corner. And there's no whale music or similar grin

ds2 was a star getting his jabs done thankfully and dd3 had her ipad so it wasn't too bad in the end. Although the screaming all round tesco from dd3 after wasn't so much fun <sigh> good job it wasn't a big shop!

ellen, hope the camping goes ok, ds1 went last weekend and I let him sort his own kit which he managed shock with a very detailed list

FrussoNeedsGin Fri 01-Nov-13 10:43:31

name it is the parents. However I think the Halloween hopping and not really making eye contact is more about the embarrassment that they're begging trick or treating.
The young teenagers in my area that were doing it were lovely with dd2.

NameChange70 Fri 01-Nov-13 11:09:24

lol at 'very sensitive plonker radar'. Thanks ouryve you have made my day!

frusso I get your point about embarrassment. However, when the parents are dressed to the nines too, I doubt that comes into to it lol. I am bitching now, best I stop! Sometimes it gets to you though.

Sorry, I don't want to bring down the spa day <pours eucalyptus scent into the steam room >. Is it okay to drink Baileys in a spa?

SallyBear Fri 01-Nov-13 11:22:32

Absolutely! Cheers! wine

MOIST Fri 01-Nov-13 11:31:28

OOOh Lovely

<<pulls up lounger, wraps large fleecy blanky around me, pors glass of fizz>>

just don't massage me <<shudder>>

Anyway. another namechanger. It will probably become clear who I am as I am completely transparent with a big gob.

Cheers.

I love a spa, but get bored after 1/2 hour or so. But a massage, bliss.

I get very confused with the NCers. My old spreadsheet is well out of date. wink

We had a nice Halloween. DS2 loves the sweets but none of them are allowed to trick or treat once in secondary school, so this year was a new experience. The boys took it in turns to answer the door and we watched a scary film (Zombieland, funny but need a strong stomach.) Luckily we had an unusually small number of callers so lots of sweets left for us. Maybe because I ran out of time to carve the pumpkin, so no lantern, just a large pumpkin decorating the doorstep.

PolterGoose Fri 01-Nov-13 12:19:37

Glad Halloween went well Ellen we are too far out of town now to get anyone calling. But I buy sweets just in case wink

Bluebirdonmyshoulder Fri 01-Nov-13 12:39:11

Great idea, a massage and a steam room for me please.

And a Bucks Fizz, hold the orange juice!

Had a good week, bluechick as cute as ever and making some new sounds this week.

autumnsmum Fri 01-Nov-13 13:26:33

Glad we had good halloweens managed with mil to take dd2 to get new shoes.tomorrow off to france for the day with dd1

PolterGoose Fri 01-Nov-13 13:33:26

Well done on the shoes autumn and hope you have a lovely day tomorrow smile

Jacksterbear Fri 01-Nov-13 14:23:36

Hello <hovers hesitantly in doorway> please may I join you? I would reaaaaally love a nice head massage to ease this perma tension headache!

So nice this week not having the daily battle to get to school - but dreading next week and being back to square one!

Glad people have had nice Halloweens. smile

autumnsmum Fri 01-Nov-13 14:30:42

Thank you polter dp will be having two younger ones for the day and I will get to escape endless xbox

PolterGoose Fri 01-Nov-13 14:45:24

Hi Jackster smile I'm dreading Monday too sad

ouryve Fri 01-Nov-13 14:55:49

DS2's turn to be hard work, today. Playing with the kitchen taps, stripping off, constantly nagging for food....

and yep, he's starkers again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now