Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot open for all!

(502 Posts)
Galena Fri 18-Oct-13 17:49:24

Oh look, no new thread! I'll make one as I have a rum and coke next to me as I type!

Variable week here. DD has stopped going to bed nicely again. I'm beginning to panic about the op which is on Tuesday. She's still a bit coughy and snuffly so I'm hoping they aren't going to postpone it. She's beengood with not going to school this week and the week hasn't dragged too much.

This weekend will be packing clothes and 'stuff to keep madam occupied'.

Pull up a seat, grab brew wine cake and biscuit as appropriate and unload your troubles...

RinkyDinkyDoo Fri 18-Oct-13 17:58:55

Am self medicating with a g&t at the mo. DS age 6 ASD gained a new title on Wednesday, SLD as well now.
I held out quite well, although had black bags under my eyes for the meeting with EP from lack of sleep due to worrying about the meeting.
But he came home from school tonight, I looked at his beautiful face and I haven't stopped crying since.
So black puffy eyes for me in the morning and no doubt a hangover.

OoozingCervix Fri 18-Oct-13 18:04:52

evening all.
sad puffy eyes.

I've gone right off food shock but still mangaging the red wine.

Galena Fri 18-Oct-13 18:08:53

sad for puffy eyes and sad for going off food. But hooray for alcohol!

I could Halloween NC to be Ghoulena... But I'm not going to because I'm possibly not going to be about for Halloween due to hospital.

Trigglesx Fri 18-Oct-13 18:20:17

I think I need to self medicate tonight as well. Week from hell here. I don't even know where to begin - just DS1's problems at school from that incident, DS2 refusing to participate in swimming this week because he's suddenly terrified of swimming, DS1's OTT behaviour all week at home (although at least better during school day), EH's stropping over every little thing and embarrassing me fully at swimming by grouching loudly at kids over every little flaming thing and then had to cut his visit short as I simply couldn't listen to it anymore, DS2 refusing to eat lunch at school (thank goodness TA helped sort it), DS2 literally whinging over EVERYTHING this week and crying at the drop of a hat, both boys getting flu jab and DS1 playing up unbelievably at the surgery (prompting more bitching from EH and dirty looks from public people), and now today DS1 has been stroppy, screaming, refusing to cooperate with flaming EVERYTHING tonight. EH told me he'd cut down a bit on his drinking and then last week drank an entire 2L of cider the night he was here (on the sofa, DS2 had a school programme right away in the morning the day after he stays for their bedtimes).

Yeah. I need wine. Ready to scream.

Hope someone has had a good week. I may have to live vicariously through you.

Trigglesx Fri 18-Oct-13 18:21:36

Galena hope she's feeling better by the day of surgery. How frustrating to stress over the surgery just to have it delayed and stress all over again.

PolterGoose Fri 18-Oct-13 18:26:10

wine and cake all round then?

Ds is super grumpy and reactive, lovely hmm

Galena Fri 18-Oct-13 18:29:17

She's feeling fine. She's just a little snuffly. I hope they don't delay it! It's not going to get much better than this for weeks...

And tomorrow I shall have good news/pics to share. smile

autumnsmum Fri 18-Oct-13 18:30:36

Sorry to hear everyone is having awful weeks hasn't been to bad here apart from yesterday when dd2 was off school due to a strike .i don't know if was related to the change in routine but we had an awful day of hitting and screaming

SallyBear Fri 18-Oct-13 18:35:15

Galena, I wonder if DD's sleep issues are due to NOT being at school. I've noticed that even if DS4 is busy at home his sleep patterns are not as good as when he's at school.

As for the coughing and stuff try some percussive tapping every night and morning on both sides of her chest and get her to huff any muck up off her chest. We did this for DD's op and her chest was the best it had been for ages.

moosemama Fri 18-Oct-13 18:35:37

Evening folks.

Galena, fingers crossed dd is over her cold in time for the op.

wine and cake for Triggles and RinkyDinky

I have had a horrible week, dd has been really poorly and scared the life out of me the other night, before rallying in time for the dr to declare it 'just a virus'. She was devastated to miss book day dress up today and I wasn't too chuffed after going out of my way to find the constituent parts of an outfit for her to be Sophie from The Tiger Who Came To Tea. We've promised her we'll photograph her in the outfit this weekend and she can take it in on Monday.

I have had a migraine since Wednesday and am now living on naproxen and cocodamol and trying to just live through it.

We had ds1's first parent's evening at secondary last night (that was fun whilst dosed up to the eyeballs just to be able to stay upright). Suffice it to say we're not happy - but I've started another thread about it for fear of filling the whole thread with my ranting. hmm

We have no plans for this weekend, but from what dh was saying at lunchtime I am half expecting him to come home late and announce he's working tomorrow.

Can't wait till we can escape to Ireland for a few days at half term. I really need to blow the cobwebs away with a few bracing dog walks on the beach.

Oh, sorry to hear the less than good news.

Triggles, week from hell! Your exH is a twat, sorry.

Galena, your DD's OP seems to have come around really quickly! Keep us updated, when you feel like it. Xx

Oozing, what's put you off food? Are you losing weight? Every cloud and all that?

Rinky, I know it's a MNSN cliche, but any new DX doesn't actually change your beautiful DS, hopefully just gets him access to the correct support. (((Hugs))) though.

Hi Polter, what's up with DS? Fridayitis?

All fairly good here. Still really happy with DS2's school IT award. smile

Had a bit if a wobble this evening. ExH's brother Facebook PMed me to say ExH had asked him to defriend me, and while he was unimpressed, felt he had to. Cried more over this than the news that ExH is marrying the OW next Feb. Strange what gets to you...

Crossed with moose and Sallybear. Will catch up on your other thread in a bit, moose.

PolterGoose Fri 18-Oct-13 18:51:55

Ellen you never know what will get you, take care flowers

I've just worked out ds is grumpy because he's not having a proper snack when he gets home as he wants to do ps3 instead of film or documentary, we need to revert to old routine.

moose sad going to find your thread

Trigglesx Fri 18-Oct-13 18:56:32

EllenJane Why does your ExH get to choose who you are friends with. I suspect the twattage is a widespread thing, eh? hmm You think it's something in the water around here?

ouryve Fri 18-Oct-13 18:59:45

I'll join you all with the self medication. Been a roller coaster of a week! I'll stay off the wine though. I got right tiddly, last night!

The boys have survived pink day. Mostly by ignoring it.

Actually, I would call him a twat, but he lacks the warmth and depth, Triggles! grin

Trigglesx Fri 18-Oct-13 19:00:40

grin

Sorry, must pop out to get some tea for the boys. Fish and chop shop is calling...

moosemama Fri 18-Oct-13 19:04:55

Ellen ((hugs)) for you too. It's strange the things that touch you like that and frankly your ExH is even more of a bastard than I already thought he was for even suggesting to other people that they should defriend you. angry

OoozingCervix Fri 18-Oct-13 19:05:23

DD2 got caught by the police drinking cider in the park. (hurrah!!!!!!! norml teenager stuff!!!!!)

don't now where she gets it from blush

lost appetite is quite possibly a malaria thing. thank the lord it's not affected my need for wine.

FrussoNeedsGin Fri 18-Oct-13 19:06:53

I've had a relatively good week. if you ignore the sewing machine needle through finger incident. dd coped will with no school yesterday. But she was bribed with a trip to grandmas house. Where she set their alarm clock to go off in the middle of the night grin
Bandages are of the finger, and it looks really really good. Nail still attached to finger and no bruising or anything.

PolterGoose Fri 18-Oct-13 19:07:22

How was the trip Cervix?

OoozingCervix Fri 18-Oct-13 19:10:06

apart from the mozzies and malaria it was great.

that finger thing gave me shivers. ew. ew. ew.

FrussoNeedsGin Fri 18-Oct-13 19:11:37

Polter are you going for a nonHalloween-y name? oozingCervix your name cunjures up some horrible images.

I'm deliberating between frussOoze and frusooOooOOooo unless anyone can come up with a better one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now