Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Unashamed boasting thread :-)

(33 Posts)

My DS2 (14, ASD, 20 hour statement) has just come home with an achievement award. He was the best in his year at IT last year. That's out of 240. He'll get it presented to him at an achievement evening next week along with the rest of the award winners from each year for each subject, 8, 9, 10 and 11 (and their parents.)

They do two awards for each subject for each year, achievement and aspirational, the second is for the most improved or best achievement despite adversity etc. If anything I'd have expected him to get the second one, so I'm a bit gobsmacked, really. grin grin grin

Thanks! I put it on Facebook and got 'likes' from his special school teacher and the headteacher from when he was 3-5 yo! He used to 'help' them on the computer back then. grin Also a 'like' from his current lead TA ( who I'm FB friends with because we used to work together) and she was taking all the credit! wink

Glad your DS2 is being relatively well behaved, Ninja. smile Options this year, gulp.

moosemama Fri 18-Oct-13 17:23:12

Sorry I'm so late, but congratulations to your ds. smile

We had parents evening last night and ds1's form tutor told us ds constantly amazes both him and the year 11s in his form by talking about computers on a level none of them understand. grin

It does seem to be an ASD, 'thing.' (Whispering in case Polter hears.) wink

moosemama Fri 18-Oct-13 18:36:52

Ds wants to know what your ds's youtube channel is called now so he can check it out. grin Pm me if you're happy to pass on the details. smile

PolterGoose Fri 18-Oct-13 18:45:48

I heard you grin

PMed you, moose. As I said in the PM, don't watch with a migraine.

What's that, Polter? I didn't say anything... <whistles>

moosemama Fri 18-Oct-13 19:13:32

I won't - shouldn't even be looking at the screen, but am so bored. Can't read, can't watch tv and it's wearing thin after three days. I have the brightness turned down to it's very lowest setting, so everything looks a bit shady. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now