Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Unashamed boasting thread :-)

(33 Posts)

My DS2 (14, ASD, 20 hour statement) has just come home with an achievement award. He was the best in his year at IT last year. That's out of 240. He'll get it presented to him at an achievement evening next week along with the rest of the award winners from each year for each subject, 8, 9, 10 and 11 (and their parents.)

They do two awards for each subject for each year, achievement and aspirational, the second is for the most improved or best achievement despite adversity etc. If anything I'd have expected him to get the second one, so I'm a bit gobsmacked, really. grin grin grin

Congratulations to your DS smile - well done, EllensSon.

I am sure you are very proud and so you should be.
I hope you'll all have a very memorable achievement evening.

Looking forward to it, Pacific!

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 16-Oct-13 21:24:02

that's fab news ellen, well done that boy grin

Thanks Ninja. How's your lovely lad doing in Y9? Can't believe they've been there for 2 years.

nopanicandverylittleanxiety Wed 16-Oct-13 21:48:39

aww fab. Congrats to your ds.

youarewinning Wed 16-Oct-13 22:04:00

Wahoo grin Fabulous stuff.

Enjoy every minute of the feeling and the awards ceremony.

troutsprout Wed 16-Oct-13 22:04:56

Yay! ... :-)

OoozingCervix Wed 16-Oct-13 22:08:18

DD2 got caught by the police drinking cider in the park.

I shook my head and sadly told her I was very disappointed in her behaviour.........

while secretly shouting 'HURRAH! SHE'S NORMAL!!!!!!'

OoozingCervix Wed 16-Oct-13 22:10:01

sorry.

I meant to first say Hurrah for your DS and his fabulous IT skills.

before adding my own slightly twisted boast.

Love it, AYC, and your Halloween NN. I felt the same when DS2 skipped lunch and went to the sweet shop on the way home and spent his lunch money on an enormous bag of Skittles! I was just delighted for his life skills and gumption. grin

wetaugust Wed 16-Oct-13 23:09:57

Excellent - congratulations to mini-EJ.

Isn't it great that so many of our kids with SNs actually excel at school despite the odds.

Brilliant.

grin I'm really rather chuffed, as it's so unexpected. He's not amazingly intelligent, but IT has always been his 'talent.' (He can't fly. wink )

PolterGoose Wed 16-Oct-13 23:35:54

Fab news grin

wetaugust Wed 16-Oct-13 23:37:50

They seem to be genetically hard-wired to be good at IT.

Used to love it at parents evening when all the parents of NT kids used to grind their teeth at DS's Maths prowess grin

DS1 and DS3 are maths wizards! DS2 is good at maths but second set, not top set. Still his best subject, I thought, but maybe IT after all. I thought IT was a bit dominated by Microsoft Office packages, but perhaps it's improved. DS2 has quite a following on YouTube. He downloads (uploads?) videos of himself playing some obscure game called TouHou. I have no idea how...

PolterGoose Wed 16-Oct-13 23:46:08

Mine's the complete opposite wet and has a flair for language and writing which I think pisses off parents of NT kids equally because of course he shouldn't be good at this. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Congratulations to your son! That's great news. grin

Your DS is the exception that proves the rule, Polter! Actually, he proves the rule that if you've met one DC with ASD, you've met one DC with ASD. smile

wetaugust Wed 16-Oct-13 23:55:03

the rule that if you've met one DC with ASD, you've met one DC with ASD.

I shall remenber that rule - it's very apt!

IHaveA Thu 17-Oct-13 00:04:11

I love threads like this. grin

I am so pleased for your son and you.

Chottie Thu 17-Oct-13 05:41:44

How fantastic! thank you for sharing your news smile

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 17-Oct-13 16:21:09

ds2 ellen? Well, I haven't had an email from his tutor in a while so he's doing ok grin he likes the minecraft videos on youtube too hmm

Galena Thu 17-Oct-13 20:47:54

Sorry, late to this. Well done EllenDS!

NoHaudinMaWheest Thu 17-Oct-13 21:32:32

Well done to your Ds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now