Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot - Sept 20th

(314 Posts)
SummerRain Thu 26-Sep-13 22:09:08

Ds1 had lessons for about a year before I couldn't afford them anymore. He's just about at the 'wouldn't drown if he fell in a pond stage' grin His coordination is shocking, he rolls in the water as he swims and can't coordinate hands and feet. He has no fear and will happily duck under the water but he's a hazard tbh, we were at the beach over the summer and I had to stay right by him even in shallow water as he throws himself about and has no sense of awareness.

Dd is a reasonable swimmer, I wish I could afford more lessons for her as she was progressing really well and it's the only physical thing she has much interest in.

Ds2 hasn't had lessons as he's only just gotten to the stage of not being surgically attached to my side constantly. He's very cautious and doesn't like water on his face. It took him hours at the beach to brave going into the water and he clung to me the whole time.

DS2 can swim after a fashion. Will never be graceful. grin

Galena Fri 27-Sep-13 08:08:28

Oh for goodness sake! DD was fine yesterday. Absolutely fine. But couldn't go to school because she was sick Wed eve due to phlegm. I had a meeting with the head and confidently said ' oh, she'll be back tomorrow'. So...? She woke at 5 with a temp of 39 and has already thrown up twice this morning. Head did say there was a stomach bug going round. sad

FrussoHathor Fri 27-Sep-13 08:12:00

Oh no. Poor dd. and poor you. sad

Sorry, Galena. Let her get it out of her system before October. X

Galena Fri 27-Sep-13 08:22:36

Yeah, will definitely he taking her out for a week before her op!

Galena Fri 27-Sep-13 08:59:43

Sorry for tmi, but my sodding period has started too!

PolterGoose Fri 27-Sep-13 09:17:25

Oh Galena flowers may as well get it all done at once.

Ds went to school very happy despite a very different morning routine, the explosions in the science lab were the talk of the class grin

Have you all hidden that 1:1 thread?

PolterGoose Fri 27-Sep-13 10:04:39

Not hidden Star I just don't understand all the funding stuff confused

The funny thing about that thread (perhaps funny isn't the word), is that I doubt any of the teachers ARE breaking the law as only a very few statements will actually be specified in a way that doesn't allow them to use the TA to massage their feet during story time if they so choose.

FrussoHathor Fri 27-Sep-13 10:27:33

I don't know which thread it is star,

hazeyjane Fri 27-Sep-13 11:07:57

I haven't hidden in it, but I am a bit lost about the funding and the mocking tone of some of the posts was really getting me down, after a really hard couple of days.

By the way, i am having a Goose and Carrot coffee morning here if anyone would like to join me. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now