Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Warner Bros Studio Tour - How Scary?

(5 Posts)
mrsvandertramp Thu 12-Sep-13 15:43:29

I'm considering taking DC's here, but DS is easily scared and I was wondering if there was anything there which could be scary. He loves the HP books and the first couple of films, but hasn't been able to watch the other films all the way through (because of the dementors mainly.) Very dark rooms / spooky noises / models of dementors are all likely to upset him and I don't want to book tickets to find we all have to leave after the first 5 minutes! What do you think?

SoupDragon Thu 12-Sep-13 15:52:24

I don't think it's really scary. There was a huge spider which wasn't nice but nothing was very dark (the room with the model of Hogwarts is dim but by no means dark) I don't remember spooky noises and I'm fairly sure there weren't any dementors - maybe a small one. The spookiest think I thought was the life(ish) sized wax models of characters who looked sleeping/dead.

For the most part, it's basically huge hangars with displays in so should be easy to get away from things. The second "hangar" is more enclosed I think but not small dark rooms.

mrsvandertramp Thu 12-Sep-13 16:36:00

That's really helpful, thank you.

SoupDragon Thu 12-Sep-13 16:56:28

We went right at the beginning of this month so it's still fresh in my mind smile

It's difficult to judge what others might find scary but this is more like a walk through a museum with displays rather than small rooms recreating the HP world. Where there are room sets, you are looking into them rather than being in them. Diagon Alley is one that you walk through and Olivanders right before the gift shop at the end is quite enclosed but not dark.

mrsvandertramp Thu 12-Sep-13 20:09:32

Thank you, it sounds as though we should be fine then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now