Threads in this topic are removed from the site 90 days after the thread was started. Our SN area is not a substitute for expert advice. Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Goose and Carrot, 6th Sept. End of first week drinkies!

(161 Posts)
Galena Fri 06-Sep-13 18:18:25

Let me open the doors today. All welcome!

We've had a good week. DD has started school and seems happy enough - a far cry from the insecure, screamy child who wouldn't let me leave the room for 5 minutes a year ago at preschool.

Apart from that, not much has happened... Still waiting for confirmation of her op, still waiting for report following complaint from her mri...

ArthurPewty Sun 08-Sep-13 11:42:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ArthurPewty Sun 08-Sep-13 11:47:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Just catching up with this after a busy couple of days. I was out with friends on Friday and took the boys to a beer festival yesterday. Took them home early and went back for the last couple of hours. Live blues band, great fun.

Happy belated Birthday, SallyBear for Friday.

Glad most people's school starts have been good, shocked at all the transport issues, though.

My first week at my science tech job has been fine. People are nice and, more importantly, tolerant of my inexperience. I'm really tired though, and my feet hurt! 9 - 4 Mon - Fri, and trying to fit everything else in around it. Scouts, Explorers and swimming club start back next week, tomorrow in fact so more to juggle. Should be food shopping, cutting the grass and helping with homework today but in fact I'm sitting in my dressing gown catching up on MN. blush

signandsmile Sun 08-Sep-13 14:45:46

Hi all, ellen you have my sympathy, I am working on fitting in the new job with the rest of life myself... Had forgotten how stressful new job for new organisation is, (and they are not that well prepared, so even more stressful hmm)
So pleased that so many dcs have coped this week, my ds has too, (phew), and I like both his new TA and new teacher, (although I swear his teacher is about 15yrs old (bless him!)
Moose sounds like a crap time with transport... so stressful all round sad angry.
PS, belated cake for sally

Trigglesx Sun 08-Sep-13 15:01:37

For the love of god, why is it so hard for DCs to LISTEN?!?!?!?!?! grrrrrrr I just went upstairs and for the fourth day in a row, DS2 has pulled the stupid mattress off his bed and they started jumping on the mattress and bed. This is how they broke DS2's bed last week and I've only just gotten it fixed. FFS is it REALLY that hard to understand DON'T DO IT!?!?!?!

ok... breathe breathe..... makes me mental, it really does.... I can't get a fucking thing done around the house because I have to monitor EVERYTHING.... ALL the TIME......

Trigglesx Sun 08-Sep-13 15:01:53

sorry, seriously needed a vent there.... sigh

ouryve Mon 09-Sep-13 10:24:58

An understandable vent, triggles. Ds1 spent most of yesterday simmering and blew up at teatime.

And this is interesting. Just got Ds2's amended statement in the post. Before ds1's. ds1's annual review was a month before Ds2's.

NoHaudinMaWheest Mon 09-Sep-13 13:37:04

Real struggle with Ds this morning. He got stuck in his OCD stuff last night and slept on the loo (a not infrequent occurence). Being late and tired and not very well, I slept through my alarm and didn't wake until 8.10 when Ds should be on the bus to school.
Fortunately it is Dd's first day back and her year were not due in until 10.15 otherwise she would have been seriously late too.
Ds really struggled and with much cajoling finally went in in time for afternoon school. He was so fed up with himself and the OCD and I am so sad and disappointed as he was doing really well. I am also worried about what the new school's attitude will be as every thing is an unknown quantity now.

PolterGoose Mon 09-Sep-13 16:48:09

Oh Triggles and ouryve and NoHaudin lots of wine and cake for you all flowers

ouryve Mon 09-Sep-13 20:18:26

MMMMMmmmmmm! Cake!

PolterGoose Mon 09-Sep-13 20:44:31

Sometimes I just can't find the words, so cake is the best I can offer.

ouryve Mon 09-Sep-13 22:17:11

I'm taking a day off stripping paint, tomorrow, to bake cake.

NoHaudinMaWheest Mon 09-Sep-13 22:25:34

ouryve How has ds been today?
The labyrinthine ways of the LA eh!
Thanks for the cake Polter. School seems to have been helpful when he went in and he has now tackled the work he missed at home.

PolterGoose Mon 09-Sep-13 22:33:49

Yum, cake. I made a Nutella cake at the weekend, me, ds and FatCat loved it, dp didn't.

Glad school were good NoHaudin it bodes well smile

SummerRain Mon 09-Sep-13 23:21:49

cake from me too, nothing helpful to add I'm afraid.

Ds1 was calm today, bit of a freakout during homework but god love his teacher she'd anticipated him struggling with what she'd set the rest of the class (making up stuff again) so had set something else for him, thankfully he realised before he hit the point of no return and did it happily.

I got a phonecall from the resource teacher to say as he'd scored so highly in the standardised tests he's eligible for a program of courses run by a university aimed at exceptional children, lots of cool stuff like forensics and computer science which he'd love. Unfortunately for his age group they're Dublin or cork only but definitely something to look into next year when he's in the 8-13 age group as theres some in Sligo which would be doable.

Ds2 had his first full day and is still enjoying it.

PolterGoose Tue 10-Sep-13 06:32:24

Wow Summer that alll sounds fab grin

SummerRain Tue 10-Sep-13 09:30:43

It's nice to have something positive to relate for once. wink

ouryve Tue 10-Sep-13 10:19:11

Much calmer, NHMW. He was behaving like he does prior to his vomiting episodes and even slept on the floor, convinced he was going to be sick. Right as rain and as calm as he ever is afterwards. The migraine exclusion diet seems to be working.

I'm taking the back to frontness of the revised statements as a sign that our desire for a change of placement for DS1 is being taken seriously. They've updated DS2's with new information from SALT, since they've been a lot more involved with him, this past year and updated section 3 to reflect that.

ouryve Tue 10-Sep-13 10:22:21

That sounds like a fabulous opportunity for your DS, SummerRain.

claw2 Tue 10-Sep-13 10:56:30

Bit late for the Friday night drink, but this week I don't actually need one!

Ds is on his 4th day at school, his self injury has reduced already, instead of covering his entire body, it has reduced to a couple of areas and his previous injuries from last Wednesday all over his body (getting stressed about starting school) are healing.

We are having a few difficulties, but fairly minimal. He is not kicking and screaming and hurting himself when I try to get him to school. He is not happy about going, but 100% improvement.

SummerRain Tue 10-Sep-13 11:45:34

Thats brilliant news claw, you must be relieved. Hopefully he continues the year as well as he's started it, the self harming must be awful for you to deal with flowers

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Tue 10-Sep-13 12:20:49

Claw - I think DS is doing brilliantly grin

DH stayed locally with DS1 for the first week and it was an absolute nightmare (I was virtually present tanks to FaceTime hmm). DS1 actually used the heel of his school shoe to beat DH over the head hmm. Lucky there was nothing more lethal to hand.

He is starting archery club today - has anyone read We Need To Talk About Kevin? shockgrin

ouryve Tue 10-Sep-13 13:20:14

Fingers crossed that this is a long term improvement for your DS, Claw.

claw2 Tue 10-Sep-13 14:23:09

Thanks guys

Keeponkeepingon oh dear shoe beatings and now archery club, I hope your DH is a fast runner!

Galena Tue 10-Sep-13 15:06:45

claw glad to hear DS is coping ok at the moment.
KeepOn that sounds hard.

The neurosurgeons at Frenchay have FINALLY reviewed DD's MRI, and yes, it shows exactly what everyone expected and so she will definitely be having SDR - and we have been given a provisional date of 4th November (although that may change if the preceding SDR ops don't go ahead as planned.) Pre-op appointment 7th Oct by the looks of things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now