a) Hospital have cancelled ds grommets appointment for Monday (postponed for 2 weeks) which we have been preparing him for, my Aunt has come down from Lancashire to hold breastfed baby in the waiting room, and my Mum has come down from Cumbria to look after dd and take her to nursery etc.
b) Estate agents have told us that our Landlords are puting up our already extortionate rent.
Grrrr. So HV no longer is coming for a chat. She apparently wanted to know if we needed any 'help'. I told her she could call the landlord and tell them to stop being greedy, and call the hospital and tell them to reinstate ds' cancelled hospital appointment.
She confirmed that these were not services that she could offer so I told her that was a shame because that was what I needed and my current priorities, so I really don't need an appointment about anything else right now whilst I address them.
She was okay about it actually. She'll probably call again in a few months. She does that.
For 2 weeks SB, but I won't have any childcare then. My aunt and mum haven't passed on the costs of their train tickets to us, but they run into well over £100 each. I couldn't ask them to do it again in two weeks. Apart from anything else they have lives.
Ah, thanks for listening you lot. It's really not the worst we've been through.
In some ways I feel sorry now for the people who have to deal with me because I much more focussed and determined than I used to be and with much less patient. I also now know (and I really didn't before) that all kinds of things can happen with a bit of challenge, and that many decisions are just made for absolutely no reason, so I am currently expecting:
1)hospital appointment to be reinstated 2)landlord to keep the rent as it is
Yes Lougle DS knows the date on his calendar, things are in place. His school OT is on standby after surgery in case his new hearing ability affects his sensory balance. My family have made sacrifices to help out. Due to ds' ASD I don't have much in the way of friends who I know well enough to be able to step in with childcare.
I'm more bothered by the surgery move than the rent thing tbh, and out outgoings are already exceeding income as it is.