Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Crelling reigns

(12 Posts)
anniebear Sun 12-Dec-04 20:43:36

I was going to order some reigns for Ellie from Crelling, on line.

They cost £16.50 which is a lot but I am willing to pay.

Just wondered if anybody had used them and if so what did you think?

She is 3yr 3 months but a little tubby and with her winter coat on I am having trouble fastening her reigns on her!

She can walk and run but falls over quite a bit. Depending where we are it is sometimes handy to have her on reigns as she has fallen in quite a few muddy places recently and with reigns on I can stop her!

I can use a wrist strap on her but is sometimes nice for her to be able to have a run on her own which she can do with me holding the reigns and running behind her!!

Thanks

popsycal Sun 12-Dec-04 20:44:28

Jimjams?
I know she bought something like this ages ago...
dont know why i remembered this....

Jimjambells Sun 12-Dec-04 21:19:57

I bought the belt thing - think it was £8ish (might be a bit big for a 3 year old though). I find it invaluable. Especially at the moment when ds1 is going through a sniffing every car in the street phase (well attempting to) and every journey from the car to the front door involves a wrestling match. Without the reins he would have been in the road several times (he's fast, I'm 37 weeks pregnant blah blah blah).

Another advantage is that I've found that using the reins regularly trains him to walk nicely even when we don't use them. He is noticeably more runny with dh and I think that's because dh only uses the reins rarely.

Also essential when I have ds2 with me as well. I hated getting them (he was 5 when I got them) and put it off for ages, but his SALT told me to stop being silly and pointed out that his safety was far more important (we had 2 near misses with roads- when he slipped my hand and ran, - and I had to leave ds2 in shops and just charge after him).

Also having him on the belt can be useful in places where the tut tut brigade are out in force.

Jimjambells Sun 12-Dec-04 21:20:41

Give crelling a ring and ask them which product would be suitable- I found them really helpful- excellent fast service.

anniebear Sun 12-Dec-04 22:23:44

Thanks Jimjambells

I wanted the belt with the harness, I presumed they were just like the ones you buy in Mothercare but bigger?

Do you think they would be too big for Ellie (3yrs)? Poor things ends up with tight reigns across her at the moment with her thick coat on!!!

Shame Mothercare don't do them a bit bigger!!

moondog Sun 12-Dec-04 22:27:17

Agree with you on the safety angle.
I know a family with a daughter who is a real escape artist. She once disappeared so quickly down the street that the mother had to jump on a bus and utter the immortal line 'Follow that child!' (Driver did too!)

They can laugh now but she said that it was very very scarey at the time.

moondog Sun 12-Dec-04 22:27:17

Agree with you on the safety angle.
I know a family with a daughter who is a real escape artist. She once disappeared so quickly down the street that the mother had to jump on a bus and utter the immortal line 'Follow that child!' (Driver did too!)

They can laugh now but she said that it was very very scarey at the time.

Jimjambells Sun 12-Dec-04 22:27:43

Give them a ring and ask them anniebear- they're very helpful. Also I think they told me that if the harness wasn't suitable I could return it for a refund.

Jimjambells Sun 12-Dec-04 22:30:54

BTW- the belt is made out of seat belt material and is the width of a seatbelt - not sure whether the full harness is the same.

OMG moondog- I thought I was bad in the summer having to sprint to the end of our road barefoot having to chase ds1 (barefoot). Only just got him (and a whole series of contractions) before the pavement ran out. Our decorator was in hot pursuit as well. Got back to find I'd left our front door wide open- ds2 (aged 2) was still inside thank god- still gives me the shivers ot think about it.

moondog Sun 12-Dec-04 22:32:13

Sympathy and respect jimjambells!

Jimjambells Sun 12-Dec-04 22:39:44

Yes but jumping on a bus- oh god!

Socci Sun 12-Dec-04 22:52:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now