Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS will only drink from one cup

(4 Posts)
Frogandbear Mon 21-Nov-16 09:24:58

My DS is 3 years old and has asd. In the scheme of things this is a very minor problem but a problem nonetheless. wink

Up until a few months ago, DS had lots of different colours and brands of straw cups that he would drink out of. Then, as things do, the numbers of cups started to dwindle, getting lost, etc and he just started drinking out of the same two cups that we were left with.

Over the weekend I bought some new cups (same brand, different colour) and he refuses to drink from them. hmm Fair enough I thought, but I'm concerned that even if I go to lengths to make sure the retailer sends me the same colour that he's currently using, he still won't use it because the straw will be in perfect condition and not the chewed up one he currently has. He doesn't miss a trick this kid.... grin

Regardless, I don't want him to get stuck using the same type/colour of cup as then what do we do in a emergency, i.e. if we lost it on holiday, etc.

Anyone else overcome this issue? Any ideas, tips, most welcome.

SexDrugsAndSausageRoll Mon 21-Nov-16 09:51:02

Do they come apart? Could you change parts at a time? Dd uses a botttle, it's all about the teat

zzzzz Mon 21-Nov-16 09:57:21

I find these sorts of things come and go. Wash the new ones several times in your washing powder.

Ineedmorepatience Mon 21-Nov-16 10:14:31

We leave new stuff lying around the house so Dd3 gets used to seeing it.

She is still very particular about what she will drink out of but not as bad as when she was 3.

Good luck flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now