Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help with wording section F EHCP for TA support

(4 Posts)
Buntingsmum Wed 16-Nov-16 19:13:42

I'm trying to get my DDs EHCP amended so that section F is specific for the help that we want her to get ie TA there, helping her (not woolly wording that would be met by a TA being present for a few minutes in the classroom), working with her in small groups and in a quiet place on 'bad days'. At the moment we have "A TA to support daily in the classroom during core subjects so instructions can be reinforced/consolidated where necessary"..is that actually OK? Could you suggest better wording please? It is just going around like nonsense in my head! Thanks

SerendipityPhenomenon Wed 16-Nov-16 21:31:57

That still sounds a bit woolly - it leaves the door open to them failing to supply the support and saying they decided it wasn't necessary. Is the reality that she needs a 1:1 TA with her at all times during lessons, or, say, all academic lessons?

tartanterror Wed 16-Nov-16 22:55:05

Book a call back on the IPSEA website. They will defo be able to help you with specific wording. You can book it here

Buntingsmum Fri 18-Nov-16 14:07:20

Sorry for slow reply. Thanks for confirming it sounded woolly serendipity. We got a version in the end that I hope is not open to interpretation. Thanks for the link tartan flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now