Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ABA for non autistic DD

(5 Posts)
LadyDowagerHatt Thu 03-Nov-16 19:49:22

Following on from all the fantastic stories on another thread about how effective ABA has been, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of using it for a child who is not autistic but has moderate learning disabilities?

I'm just wondering if it would be suitable for my 3.5 year old DD - she has a global development delay but not autism. She is operating at the 18 month to 28 month level - her profile is quite spiky and she scores higher on speech and communication than her gross and fine motor skills, although both are still significantly delayed. She also has a very low attention span, always flitting from one thing to the next which impedes her learning.

Assuming ABA would be suitable can anyone recommend a practitioner in or near Newcastle upon Tyne?

LadyDowagerHatt Sun 06-Nov-16 07:58:44

Anyone?

sickofsocalledexperts Sun 06-Nov-16 14:31:32

A pal of mine used ABA to very good effect with her boy with developmental disorder but not autism. It got his speech going and academics really quickly

sickofsocalledexperts Sun 06-Nov-16 14:32:43

Maybe try this website for lots of links or join the ABA-UK yahoo group to find tutors. There is a Focus Saturday ABA club in Doncaster I believe

Www.abaa4all.com

LadyDowagerHatt Mon 07-Nov-16 05:58:46

Thank you for this I will take a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now