Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Clothing problems - any suggestions please!

(6 Posts)
MrsJ0612 Thu 03-Nov-16 16:32:32

Bit of a moany post - DD dislikes long sleeves and trousers/tights. Obviously now the weather is getting a bit colder this is becoming an issue (for me not DD!) As soon as she came out of school today she took her coat off - she only had a skirt and tshirt underneath (Cardigan in her bag) I got so many snide comments and looks about her getting cold and ill. I would LOVE for her to be nice and snuggled, she isn't bothered or cold. As soon as we get home she gets out of her uniform and puts on shorts and tshirt. I've tried to reason with her (She is 4 and her understanding is nearly 2 years delayed so that doesn't help!)

Any ideas or help please? Surely she can't be out in snow/icy weather with summer clothes!

claw12 Thu 03-Nov-16 22:21:55

aspiewriter.com/2015/07/temperature-regulation-why-does-my-autistic-child-refuse-to-wear-a-coat.html

This might help

claw12 Thu 03-Nov-16 22:29:10

My ds's temperature regulation is all over the place. He can't stand the heat, baths have to be luke warm, otherwise they 'burn' his skin. He overheats very quickly.

If your dd isn't bothered, ignore the snide remarks!

MrsJ0612 Fri 04-Nov-16 12:10:50

Thank you smile

gigglingHyena Fri 04-Nov-16 16:17:02

I have a two coat refusing, jumper refusing children. For year's I've been the parent in the playground hold up the coat and loudly pointing out it's existence "in case you get cold"

On the plus side, by the time they are teens non of them are wearing coats.

claw12 Fri 04-Nov-16 16:34:19

Oh things that helped me getting Ds to wear clothes or even shoes! Is letting him choose them. He is more likely to wear something with his latest obsession on it too i.e. Anime or animals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now