Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ADHD - Good Support at School - What does it look like ?

(2 Posts)
Tricky10 Fri 23-Sep-16 11:36:37

Hi - would really appreciate some help - my DD has ADHD - more ADD than ADHD. She is on medication - still feel we are on a journey with meds but what I really want to get a better feel of is what good support looks like at school. She is in a private primary and at the minute she just has a one 1:1 class per week by a SEN teacher. She struggles with all the usual challenges - weak social skills, processing (limited output) and still with focus and emotions. I feel that she needs more help at school but am no expert in terms of the type of support she could or should expect. Can you give me a sense as to what good support looks like and what I should be pushing for ? Appreciate all children are different in their needs but feel that I can't push for what she may need if I am not aware of the type of support there could be. Hope that makes sense. Thanks very much.

BackforGood Sat 24-Sep-16 00:36:37

You might be asking outside the realms of experience on many of the posters on this board, as you are asking about Private Education, which is a very different kettle of fish from state schooling.
I hope we are the exception, but where I live, private schools are notoriously poor at even accepting children with additional needs, let alone providing support for them.
If you look in 'Education' you get a much higher % of folk whose dc go to private schools, so they may be able to help you more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now