Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Autism/Asperger's - what out of school groups are available in your area for primary age kids?

(4 Posts)
tartanterror Fri 16-Sep-16 15:15:17

In our area there is a youth group 10 sessions per year (roughly 1 per month) run by the LA but this has lost momentum for a number of reasons including funding cuts. Some parents are thinking about starting up a group and so are looking for ideas on what/how/where/when? Please can you tell me about the that groups run in your area? flowers

Melawati Fri 16-Sep-16 21:18:33

DD is a bit older, but the groups in our area very much depend on the interests/abilities of the children taking part and the adults organising. They do tend to wax and wane a bit because of this.

elliejjtiny Sat 17-Sep-16 00:29:50

We go to a group at the local special school run by the short breaks team. It's for any child who has SN and siblings. They do cooking (either pizza or those cake mixes where you add an egg), crafts, wii games. They have some games set up on a table, hungry hippos, connect 4 etc. Wooden train set, cars and a garage on the floor in one corner. They can also use the school outdoor play equipment and bikes. I take my older 3 aged 10, 8 and 5 and they love it.

tartanterror Sun 18-Sep-16 08:10:40

Thanks - the old group was a general playgroup like you describe Ellie and I'm sure my DS would love that. A SALT suggested a Minecraft club which (if worked out properly) could be popular!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now