Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Wobbl watch/Malem vibrating /Rodger vibrating watches??

(8 Posts)
fgyw Tue 16-Aug-16 10:37:45

Does anyone have experience of using any of these??

Disappointed to see that the Wobble watch doesn't withstand splashing/hand washing/rain etc...

DS is 7.5 and has to have a size 6 baby dry nappy each night which is heavy with urine each morning...

Getting desperate!!

Jasonandyawegunorts Tue 16-Aug-16 11:05:00

Time to go to the GP.

As he's over 7 you shouldn't be completely dismissed.

in the mean time, have you tried drynites?

fgyw Tue 16-Aug-16 11:24:01

Thanks Jason... Got an appointment at the eneuresis clinic coming up.

Drynites - Do you mean the bed mats?

Jasonandyawegunorts Tue 16-Aug-16 11:24:46

Nope, i mean the pullups for older children who bedwet.

fgyw Tue 16-Aug-16 11:42:31

Yes we tried them last year a few times and they leaked... Pampers baby dry 6 seem to be the only thing to hold vast quants of liquid...!

fgyw Tue 16-Aug-16 19:16:10

Bump

PandasRock Wed 17-Aug-16 23:37:51

I haven't tried the watches/alarms you mention, but wanted to offer some hope.

My dd2 was wet every night, without fail - absolutely soaked through nappy/pull up each morning until well past 8. She just managed to get dry by the end of year 3, so she was 8.5.

We didn't go to the doctors as felt it would worry her too much (although was wavering on that shortly before she did get dry!)

Have you tried cloth nappies/pull ups? I found I could boost them more, and dd found them more comfortable.

Claennister Tue 23-Aug-16 10:07:45

We have been looking at a watch which comes from the USA, the WatchMinder. It vibrates and also has a message on it, and my daughter would need that message too, and it has more longevity to it, she can use it as a reminder later in life too. It's the only one we found that had the water resistance and the features we wanted.

That aside, I think a visit to the GP is worthwhile. If he does not produce the hormone which is meant to stop you making as much wee at night, he will not get dry by himself, and the only way to have him dry at night would be an exhausting schedule of getting up to wee at night just as often as he wees in the daytime. My DD has been much improved by medication and advice from the bladder clinic. She's not reliably dry, but when she's wet it's a lot less, just about 100-150ml not 350 or more (the fun of weighing nappies can be yours when you start the clinic!grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now