Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

33 degrees would you?????

(3 Posts)
shazzarooney999 Wed 20-Jul-16 22:44:44

Would you find it ok in 33 degrees to let your child go on transport, go the full day at school and come home on transport which takes an hour each way with a heavy jumper on to avoid a meltdown? and including the fact the child has diabetes too?

Ineedmorepatience Thu 21-Jul-16 09:34:08

I think many children with Asd struggle with temperature regulation. Its really tricky because if the jumper is part of his routine and removing it will cause trauma what is the alternative!

I never managed to solve this one with Dd3 she never removed clothing at school no matter how hot it was. We home ed now and your thread has just made me realise she hasnt worn a jumper all week!

OneInEight Thu 21-Jul-16 10:19:59

If you substitute extreme demand avoidance to drinking for the diabetes this is the exact situation we had with ds2 last year who insisted on wearing his thick winter hoodie to school no matter how hot it was. In the end we just kept him at home when the temperature hit 25 C or more because it was just causing so much challenging behaviour otherwise and he was coming home too often on hot days with headaches and stomach aches. School placement has subsequently failed but that is another story.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now