Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can school staff give supporting evidence at appeal?

(4 Posts)
amunt Thu 14-Jul-16 14:33:57

I recently sent in paperwork to appeal provision on EHCP (ABA and 1:1 support) and I'm thinking about what part staff from school can play. The senco is supportive and I have supportive email exchanges logged, but I think the new HT (3rd this year) will not be helpful. The senco wouldn't lie, but might not want to contribute against wishes of senior management. Also, the two teaching assistants who have worked closely with DS are very enthusiastic about the progress that has been made with ABA and very clear about the 1:1 support still required.

Any ideas how staff can be utilized on the day, if at all?
Thanks

2boysnamedR Thu 14-Jul-16 18:25:04

You should get to ask questions of the LA witnesses. So think carefully about what questions you want to ask them.

JudyCoolibar Fri 15-Jul-16 11:29:38

Both sides are normally allowed a maximum of three witnesses, and the LA will probably call the head or SENCO. I wouldn't necessarily rely on them supporting you as they will come under pressure from the LA. Ideally you need them to give you a written witness statement so that they are tied down. If you are absolutely sure they are willing to come and will support you, it might be worth getting a witness order from the tribunal so that they can tell the LA they didn't have a choice.

amunt Sat 16-Jul-16 23:24:25

Thanks. That's a good idea getting a written statement before the pressure starts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now