Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Sen Schools and satellite provision

(5 Posts)
drypond Sat 02-Jul-16 19:20:17

My son is in a Sen school which has satellite provision in other schools, had a phone call and they are moving my son from the Sen school to one of these satellite provisions, can they just do this? I'm furious as 3 weeks ago they told me he was staying in the main school, this was in a caf meeting.

Can't believe they can just up my child from his class and school like that

ouryve Sat 02-Jul-16 19:26:10

Ask the, via email, so you have it in writing, for their reasons for the move. You might find they change their minds sharpish if it's just for convenience, rather than for any sound educational reasons.

JudyCoolibar Sat 02-Jul-16 19:45:20

Is the school named in his statement/EHCP? If so, I wouldn't have thought they can move him if it means going to a totally different school. There was a report fairly recently about an academy that was shunting off children with SEN to another academy in the same group, and I think it was being challenged legally by Simpson Millar. It might be worth contacting them - it sounds like the sort of thing that could be challenged in your DS' name and therefore costs would be covered by legal aid.

drypond Sat 02-Jul-16 20:03:48

The school is named on his EHCP he was in their PRU then changed into their Sen roll when he got a place, at that time as he EHCP went through she said he may be at a satellite site but at his caf and the day I signed they said he was staying put at the main school.

I don't even know who to email it's a right carry on this

JudyCoolibar Sun 03-Jul-16 14:21:12

I suggest you call SOS SEN tomorrow when their helpline is open and see if you can get an opinion on the exact wording of section I of the EHCP and what has happened. I think they have an education lawyer who can advise and if necessary draft a letter to the LA or school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now