Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone managed to get Elvanse prescribed for their child?

(4 Posts)
FuckingMother Wed 29-Jun-16 00:06:08

Struggling to get CAMHS to listen. Don't understand why they are so reticent.

Anyone got experience of this?

ChowNowBrownCow Wed 29-Jun-16 09:27:12

My DS has been prescribed with Elvanse this month after being on Medikinet XL. I did not ask for the change in prescription but ds was suffering badly with anxiety and the Paed said to try this med. He did mention the cost of it against other meds, but he didn't say it in a negative way, more of a mutter whilst typing up the prescription, I got the impression that they are told not to prescribe it unless necessary due to cost. I have to say that my ds has responded very well to Elvanse. We have seen the Paed since and he said he usually does get very good response to Elvanse. If its what your child needs, I hope you get CAHMS on board.

FuckingMother Wed 29-Jun-16 09:45:19

Thanks for that. I had a feeling it may be cost. We meet the criteria having tried other methylphenidate based meds and the side effects are not nice. We just wanted to try this but they are blocking it. Another psych recommended it to us - it isn't just Dr Google!

ChowNowBrownCow Wed 29-Jun-16 15:15:14

I think I would ask again and expect a truthful reason why my child couldn't have it. Then whatever they reply I would send a gentle email saying that you hope its not due to cost that this medication is being with held. Send it to CAMHS and the paed. Hopefully they will listen if its in writing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now