Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ABA and local authorities.

(21 Posts)
AugustaFinkNottle Sat 11-Jun-16 21:53:21

Well, this is delightful. I can't link to it for some reason, but Baker Small have tweeted the following:

Great ABA Trib win this week ... interesting to see how parents continue to persist with it. Funny thing is parents think they won ;)

And strangely they seem to be blocking parents who respond less than enthusiastically.

AugustaFinkNottle Sat 11-Jun-16 21:58:07

More information on here

Seems thoroughly unprofessional to me.

Sammythemummy Sun 12-Jun-16 08:09:12

I've heard this man is terrible beyond words and from the tweets I can see why. I hope he falls in misfortune

Ineedmorepatience Sun 12-Jun-16 09:09:05

Hopefully this will turn into a big issue for BS!! angry

DigestiveBiscuit Sun 12-Jun-16 11:22:08

Well, in our profession, you'd get struck off for bringing the profession into disrepute - people get fined thousands for minor misdemeanors that nobody else knows about!

DH commented that perhaps this is the first Tribunal they have won, and they are so excited, because they are finally getting the hang of it!

MaterofDragons Sun 12-Jun-16 11:44:36

They didn't win did they? I thought the LA conceded which is a euphemism for defeat.

This man is small minded, small in compassion and small in understanding of anything other than helping pile shit on parents of disabled children. I hope he is SEVERELY censured.

Herschellmum Sun 12-Jun-16 16:01:15

Shocking! After all parents of special needs kids go through, all the money spent because we want our kids to have equal opportunities to education and then to be spoken about in the regard publicly! Then to send cat pictures to poke fun of anyone commenting in how unprofessional it was! So sick of this system, local authorities been and break laws constantly to avoid paying out anything for these kids, really is a kick when the solicitors start poking fun as well!

Lottielou7 Sun 12-Jun-16 16:04:44

I can't believe this pathetic person exists tbh. And his arguments against ABA are shit. I doubt he'd stand a chance against a decent Sen solicitor surely.

AugustaFinkNottle Sun 12-Jun-16 18:58:19

I'd suggest that any parent who comes up against the firm writes to the LA and tells them that they object very strongly to their children's confidential information being given to a solicitor with attitudes like this. He couldn't make it plainer that he totally despises parents.

Lottielou7 Sun 12-Jun-16 19:04:21

Absolutely Augusta.

MaterofDragons Sun 12-Jun-16 19:15:37

Good idea.

amunt Sun 12-Jun-16 22:50:54

And our taxes to LAs are paying for these awful people. You would think that the LA would be embarrassed by something like this. Wouldn't local press be interested in a story about LA using tax payers money to hire bullying sneering lawyers? Maybe being naïve.

AugustaFinkNottle Sun 12-Jun-16 23:46:41

I would think local press could well be interested. Has anyone got contacts in the main newspapers for the LAs they work for? I've seen Buckingham, Hillingdon, Cambridge, North Yorkshire, Gloucestershire and Hillingdon mentioned but there must be more.

amunt Mon 13-Jun-16 00:13:53

Where was this case with obnoxious tweet? I haven't read all the detail, but I'd be happy to contact the local paper myself. Although wouldn't want to step on the toes of the family involved.

AugustaFinkNottle Mon 13-Jun-16 07:58:00

Amunt, there's some information in the link I posted in the second post on the thread, and also here - www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2659460-Is-this-appropriate-conduct-for-solicitors

amunt Mon 13-Jun-16 08:40:51

Thanks, I'll get on it.

Lottielou7 Mon 13-Jun-16 10:06:02

Apparently my LA use them (Worcestershire)

amunt Mon 13-Jun-16 10:42:58

I'm sure it's already been done, but I've just contacted the Guardian and the newspaper local to firm.

Lottielou7 Mon 13-Jun-16 10:44:59

Excellent. I really hope they are made accountable for what they did.

DigestiveBiscuit Tue 14-Jun-16 09:22:22

Here it is:http://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/jun/13/baker-small-law-firm-parents-tweets-children-special-educational-needs

DigestiveBiscuit Tue 14-Jun-16 09:26:04

www.theguardian.com/law/2016/jun/13/baker-small-law-firm-parents-tweets-children-special-educational-needs

Try again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now