Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

12 month anniversary of removing Dd3 from school!

(11 Posts)
Ineedmorepatience Fri 03-Jun-16 17:12:09

WOW! What can I say. We have been on an incredible journey for the last 12 months. We have met some amazing people and slotted into the home ed community in our own comfortable way.

Autonomous learning is suiting Dd3 so brilliantly and she has got her sparkle and love of learning back.

We have been so busy visiting places she could never manage when she was in school either because she was too exhausted or because they were too busy.

I know its not for everyone but I am so glad we were able to. smile

PolterGoose Fri 03-Jun-16 17:16:15

Is it really a year?shock

Sounds wonderful, well done both of you starstarstar

Ineedmorepatience Fri 03-Jun-16 17:20:27

Thankyou, yes it was a year yesterday since she last went to school.

We didnt officially deregister her until September though because we had been advised not to until her statement was finalised.

signandsingcarols Sat 04-Jun-16 21:13:47

ineed I know how you feel, I could written your post, (apart from autonomous; we are semi structured) we are approaching what ds and I are calling his first 'homeEdversary' ; planning a day out to celebrate (2nd July )

Ineedmorepatience Sat 04-Jun-16 22:15:02

Ha, I like that "homeEdversary" grin

Enjoy your special day smile

zzzzz Sun 05-Jun-16 16:05:59

grin. the best thing we could have done for ds too 😊

Ineedmorepatience Sun 05-Jun-16 17:27:30

I met someone today who I havent seen since Dd3 stopped going to school, her first question was what do you do about social stuff!

I said this week, monday is horse riding, a trumpet lesson and then kayaking at the canoe club, tuesday a home edder is have a birthday picnic at a local historical site and brass band, wednesday is forest school and scouts marching band, thursday we collapse and friday another home ed birthday picnic, this one in an area of outstanding natural beauty where we can go wild swimming!

After she picked her jaw up of the floor she said it sounds fantastic, which it is grin

Not every week is that busy but there is stuff happening all the time that we dip in and out of.

zzzzz Sun 05-Jun-16 17:38:30

Arf, we never did anything like that.

Ds learnt to talk smile. I have no way of expressing how truly amazing THAT is.

Ineedmorepatience Mon 06-Jun-16 15:31:00

That is truely amazing zzzzz!

zzzzz Mon 06-Jun-16 16:13:03

grin. I know!!!! It makes my toes go all curly with pride and joy.

Now he can talk he LOVES school. We still have days that aren't so great but he is SO happy there.

He is of course using his superior speech to insist the doors are shut and to tell us he would rather we all went away while he watched TV gringringrin

Ineedmorepatience Mon 06-Jun-16 17:22:36

Brilliant grin

We still have a way to go with getting Dd3 speaking enough to get her needs met but she now answering direct questions from familiar people in certain familiar situations. We have another yr before we will even consider putting her back into the system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now