Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Am I entitled to see the Connors Questionnaire (ADHD) that the school completed?

(8 Posts)
LyndaNotLinda Wed 25-May-16 13:12:03

DS has been assessed before for ADHD when he was at infant school and CAMHS said he was 'borderline'. Now he's 9, the paediatrician we saw recently said that he thinks DS has got ADHD and sent me 3 Connors questionnaires - one for me, one for the school and one for DS.

Last time his school gave me their completed questionnaire and I sent them all off together. I asked his current school where the SENCO and I have a tricky relationship to return the questionnaire to me so that I could send them all off together but the school rang me this morning to tell me they'd sent it directly to the neuro paeds team.

I'm a bit cross - partly because the assessment centre has form for losing paperwork and it's safer if it all goes together and partly because I want to know what they've said.

Am I within my rights to ask them for a copy? I assume I can get one from the paeds team when DS goes in but his appointment isn't until September.

Any advice on how to deal with a SENCO who doesn't reply to emails and won't meet me face to face would also be most welcome angry

arista Wed 25-May-16 14:47:16

You can ask to see it when you see the pediatrician that's what I did. The pediatrician had no problem showing it to me and everytime I go I ask to see forms completed by the school. I think as parents you have a right to see everything.

zzzzz Wed 25-May-16 15:01:26

You can see anything about your dc. Don't speak to the SENCO, phone office and ask them to send you a copy.wink

LyndaNotLinda Wed 25-May-16 16:58:35

You're a bloody genius zzzzz. grin

I spoke to someone who said she'd have to speak to Sue. I don't know who Sue is, but she most definitely isn't the SENCO

arista - I will ask at the paeds appt but it's months' away and I want to know what they said now. Plus I want to see what they have said given they appear to not be following any of the interventions he's supposed to have.

arista Wed 25-May-16 22:49:28

I understand I was the same, they did not want to give me copy as well. But I did let them I did read everything after and quoted some of their comments.

zzzzz Thu 26-May-16 09:26:39

Much can be achieved by expecting everyone to be reasonable, helpful and above board.

LyndaNotLinda Thu 26-May-16 17:05:59

I wish DS's school was reasonable, helpful and above board but sadly I don't think they are.

The receptionist has just called me. It is not school policy to keep a copy of a Conners questionnaire apparently. And when I asked why not, she said she didn't know.

Let's hope it's not been lost in the post hmm

sarrah30 Sun 14-Aug-16 13:54:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now