Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Where to get some sort of ID for SN child going to festival?

(8 Posts)
BoogleMcGroogle Wed 18-May-16 20:43:17

We've arranged to go to a couple of festivals in the summer (yay!). DS has severe verbal dyspraxia, so while he can say his name, explain he's lost etc. if he does get lost, no one will know what he's saying.
I've realised that this makes him quite vulnerable (even though he's not a wanderer as a rule). Does anyone know where I can get hold of some sort of 'if I'm lost...' ID? He is quite sensitive to items on his skin, so the less intrusive and harder to take off, the better!
TIA

BusStopBetty Wed 18-May-16 22:21:48

You can get wrist bands like this on multiple sites, but he may not like wearing them? www.kiddymania.co.uk/identity-wristbands/single-use-identity-wristbands/please-help-me-i-m-lost-identity-wristbands-5.html

Or you could get large iron on labels printed which could be attached to clothing.

I have known parents write their number on a child's arm with a sharpie.

zzzzz Thu 19-May-16 08:39:25

I write on mine (my mobile number)

Take a photo of him each morning before you leave so you have a record of what he is wearing and can just show people. The only time I have lost ds they asked me what he was wearing and I said "trousers" shockgrinsad. Total panick!

BoogleMcGroogle Thu 19-May-16 17:04:26

Thanks guys, laundry marker on the arm it is then. I suppose the one advantage of going to a festival is that there is no danger they might wash it off!
Love the idea of taking photos each day. We've never lost him before but he's getting a bit more confident now and there's always a first time....

theDudesmummy Tue 24-May-16 10:41:49

I use silicon wristbands on DS (you can get personalised ones printed, in loads of colours from lots of sites), but there was a time when he would not wear them and we used engraved tags (like pet id tags) on a mini lobster clip attached to his clothes. I usually put both on him now, and have taught him to point to them if someone asks what his name is. (He also always has his minitablet with him, which has a sticker on it with my phone number).

theDudesmummy Tue 24-May-16 10:46:31

For example, go to Amazon and look for The ID Band Company.

theDudesmummy Tue 24-May-16 10:50:48

Or these
safeid.ro/en/

Catgotyourbrain Sun 29-May-16 16:09:03

I always write on the arm. They quite enjoy it as I sometimes do pictures too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now