Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dd needs vitamin d supplements, anyone else?

(6 Posts)
Waitingforsleep Sun 24-Apr-16 19:09:06

Just wondered if anyone else had to supplement their child and any more information.
Only just getting blood tests back but pead rang and said this and I wondered if this could account for anything, like the headaches she has, leg ache, anxiety? Just curious really. Thanks

GrimmauldPlace Sun 24-Apr-16 19:14:34

Hiya, DS has severe vit d deficiency. He's been on high dose tablets for 3 months now and will be on the lower dose for another month. Then get his levels checked again. He also has to have genetic testing to see if there is an underlying cause.

He is very sweaty, gets occasional headaches and joint pain. Although he has hypermobile joint syndrome so I don't know if it's that or the deficiency causing the aches!

Waitingforsleep Sun 24-Apr-16 21:17:56

Dd is hyper mobile too so could this account for achy legs instead then? Having genetic testing for nf1 soon although unsure they have it.

FanjofortheMammaries Sun 24-Apr-16 21:19:00

My DD does, and so do I

DigestiveBiscuit Sun 24-Apr-16 23:12:18

DD does and has been on Vitamin D tablets for years. She did not have any physical symptoms we were aware of - but then she was also showing signs of an under active thyroid gland, which may have masked symptoms. (She is now on levothyroxine)

sarrah30 Sun 14-Aug-16 14:06:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now