Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Could this be asd?

(4 Posts)
abigail12 Sun 28-Feb-16 20:59:19

My ds is generally a happy loving child but often loses his temper and gets exceeding frustrated and very angry very quickly. This is not everyday but I'm getting increasingly concerned. Looking back he has always had some odd behaviours- which have never been huge problems but now I'm wondering if they all add up to asd or something? He has poor eye contact, sometimes, he's very very clumsy, he takes everything you say literally, he squeezes his hands when excited, he can't play with figures or anything. All games must have a goal. He does very well at school, seems to be sociable enough with other children. Teachers have never noticed any problems.

PolterGoose Sun 28-Feb-16 21:45:13

Obviously nobody here can diagnose, but if you have concerns write them all down and ask your GP to refer for assessment. Parents are usually right when they spot something needs investigating smile

Earlyday Mon 29-Feb-16 12:23:13

Only an expert can tell but the fact that the teachers have never noticed a problem seems positive. DS has high functioning autism on the milder end of the spectrum but the minute he started school it was obvious he was a bit different to the others. The teacher pointed it out.

My DS plays very well with figures and loves imaginative games - whereas his friend who has no issues has no interest in playing imaginatively

Does your DS lose his temper in school or just at home? What age is he?

abigail12 Wed 09-Mar-16 15:24:35

Sorry I haven't replied- I asked mumsnet to move my question into another section and I didn't realise they hadn't removed this one. He is 5. I've had a meeting with the school and they don't think there is any wrong with him- they are going to talk to him about anger, feelings etc though. Thank you for your replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now