Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Hosp appt for potential dyspraxia diagnosis- what to take

(4 Posts)
missmapp Sat 27-Feb-16 19:15:06

Hi,

DS1 ( 10) has always struggled with fine and gross motor skills- terrible handwriting , poor balance etc. He went to the OT last year and came out on the 4th percentile for gross and fine motor skills . We now have an apt with the paediatrician and I want to make the most of it.

I have DS' OT report and previous speech and language report and the school said they would send the class teachers recent pen picture she had done for the OT review ( but they haven't as yet and I need to chase up )

Is there anything else I should take?
Also, what should I expect from this appointment- more tests/assessments asked for or a decision on a diagnosis?
Ds2 has Noonans syndrome, so I need to mention that as well don't I ?

Sorry for the ramble, basically any advice and info would be fantastic.

Thank you

LIZS Sat 27-Feb-16 19:20:12

Probably take a short case history, birth and developmental milestones, family history etc and what issues prompted the assessment. ds was asked to do some simple tasks while we chatted. For example, I was asked whether I'd send ds (then about 8) to the local shop for a few items.

missmapp Sat 27-Feb-16 19:32:27

Thank you , that is great advice.

Did you hear the outcome following your first apt or did it lead to others ? ( If you don't mind the nosey question !)

LIZS Sat 27-Feb-16 19:35:58

We saw the paed before the ot referral.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now