Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Help re school

(5 Posts)
shazzarooney99 Mon 04-Jan-16 10:29:15

My son has been kicking off going into school almost every morning since October, he has no diagnoses but im convinced he has hfa, he also has spd.

Anyway to cut a long story short the Senco said shed sort something out in December and we were supposed to be having a Taf in December too it did not materlize, then she said he would be seeing ed pych in January apparently thats not happening now till easter.

I feel really let down and dont know what to do, we diddnt get into school untill 9,50am this morning.

When i eventually got him in he was crying, i managed to leave, i diddnt want to hang about as i think that makes them worst, but i dont know what else to do to get him in earlier, or to try and stop him kicking off.

Sirzy Mon 04-Jan-16 10:32:43

Has he been able to verbalise what the problem is? Was he fine until October?

How old is he?

I phone phone school now to make an urgent meeting with the senco to try to create an initial plan.

Have you arranged a referral to start assessment if you are concerned about asd? If not I would also make a GP appointment to get that ball rolling,

shazzarooney99 Mon 04-Jan-16 10:42:01

The senco is only in 3 days a week and that is Weds,Thurs and Fri.

He is 8

He has said its another child and that he needs help, i have relayed all this to school.

He does see a peadatrician who has been on maternity but should be back around now.

He split my head open the day school broke up for the holidays by throwing a pair of scissors at my head, the rest of the holidays were fine as we diddnt go out anywhere.

PolterGoose Mon 04-Jan-16 13:46:03

Go to the SOSSEN or IPSEA websites and apply for an EHCP yourself. If nothing else it will kickstart school having to justify what support they are not giving.

Write to the paed's department and explain he needs urgent assessment as you are dealing with anxiety resulting in him doing X, Y and Z.

You need a paper trail. Write letters and keep copies, send them special delivery.

shazzarooney99 Mon 04-Jan-16 13:56:58

Thanks poulter, the replacement pead has reffered him to complex needs services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now