Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Packed Lunch Idea For Autistic 4 year old?

(4 Posts)
talnunn Sun 19-Jul-15 17:06:53

Hi! smile I'm relieved to say my 4 year old son with ASD has been given a space at our local special needs school, he starts in September, but one of my concerns is that he's such a fussy eater! The school gave me a menu of the hot meals they provide and each and every one I know my LO wont touch, I'm hoping he will become more open in the future but for his first few weeks I've decided to send him to school with packed lunches, but I'm lost for ideas!!! The only things he really eats are things that cant be packed, like spaghetti or cottage pies, he doesnt like sandwiches or any of the mainstream ideas for packed lunches, so I'm just wondering if anyone can give me a few ideas for things they give their little ones who are fussy eaters. Huge thanks in advance and I hope everyone has a great summer holidays with their little ones! X

talnunn Sun 19-Jul-15 17:09:22

Also, I should add that he's non-verbal so this makes things more tricky as I cant ask him what he would like sad

Rainicorn Sun 19-Jul-15 17:11:29

You most certainly can pack cottage pies and spaghetti, there are food flasks for that sort of stuff, and I send my DC in with them in the winter.

We use these ones and they keep the food pretty warm until lunch time.

talnunn Sun 19-Jul-15 17:20:53

Aww thanks so much that's brilliant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now