Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Oh god! Can I turn this around?

(3 Posts)
Twennyfifdeen Fri 17-Jul-15 20:22:04

Hi,

I don't think this is the correct place to post as this is about me, rather than my child, but hoping for traffic here.

I have had my PIP response letter today. On one hand, it was good as they have awarded daily living component, which I did not have with DLA, but in error, I told them I could walk 20 to 50 metres, but meant steps!

I have called them to explain my mistake and they have agreed to reconsider, especially as I have sent evidence in that states how far I can walk, but i am panicking so much as the outcome will really hit me hard, in terms of independence as I face the possibility of losing my car.

Is there anything else I can do?

2boysnamedR Fri 17-Jul-15 20:57:35

I put down my sons dob wrong and phoned up, they changed it.

Try not to panic. Can you give them 10 days then phone to see if the change has gone through?

Twennyfifdeen Fri 17-Jul-15 21:08:55

Thank you for your reply 2boys.

I will take your advice and try calling them in a couple of weeks if I haven't heard anything.

I am just feeling overwhelmed with despair at my own stupidity.

My car is my lifeline as I need to get anywhere, where I live and also need to transport both a manual and electric wheelchair. Without it, I can't do the job I do and will lose my independence as I could not afford to buy and run the type of car I need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now