Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

when dc do what they want anyway regardless of being not not to do xyz

(3 Posts)
greener2 Mon 06-Jul-15 21:05:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedmorepatience Mon 06-Jul-15 23:00:24

Hmm, tricky! It could be a case of any attention is good attention or that she cant differentiate between positive and negative attention!

Or she may be just doesnt understand why she cant do what she wants to do.

2 of my Dd's have had issues with this kind of behaviour, it is very puzzling isnt it!!

What would she be like if you kept her downstairs and maybe played a game or had a story while her brother settles off to sleep?

Hedgyhoggy Mon 06-Jul-15 23:13:24

I don't usually get my parenting advise from the telly, but I did pick something up from the born naughty series. I wasn't even watching it properly but there was a piece where the parent was advised to place the blame onto someone else. I think it was with regards a case of PDA. So for example instead of saying you need to be quiet because your brother is ill, say that the doctor says we've got to be quiet because of your brother, oh dear isn't that doctor a nuisance...kind of thing. This might be a long way out for your particular needs but it's certainly helped at times with my ds with ld and niece with ASD. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now