Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

local authorities: dysfunctional organisational cultures

(4 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzee Mon 06-Jul-15 18:06:50

www.specialneedsjungle.com/why-send-department-targ…/

Ineedmorepatience Mon 06-Jul-15 19:02:20

I read it earlier star , we have often half joked that our SEN team must get a bonus for not spending any money!! Seems we weren't far off!! hmm

2boysnamedR Mon 06-Jul-15 19:48:54

I think mine must be on a bonus for delaying tactics with bullshit.

Asking for the fith time now what my sons diagnosis is. Same as it was the first time you asked you moronic f.....s

I'm still trying to work out if my la are so clever is a cunning ploy or if it's pure stupidity. A deadly mix of the two I think.

Nothing more dangerous than a calous fuckwit grin

Sorry I shouldn't swear but the third appeal ( Indiania jones style) ball is now on free fall. Hoping its my LA who get crushed and not yet again my sons life chances

P2K2 Mon 06-Jul-15 20:50:51

I read the article this morning also and whilst none of it seems surprising the bonusing of public servants just seems criminal.

My LA openly state a target to 'improve the in-county provision in order to reduce the amount spent on expensive out of county placements'

If they genuinely focused their efforts on the improvement then I would argue that the reduction would follow naturally in time, but instead they simply plough the funds into litigation and their effort in to vilifying parents who are simply trying to get a fair chance for their child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now