Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

adjournment SENDIST

(6 Posts)
adrianna22 Tue 12-May-15 19:54:43

I think I am going to adjourn my hearing as one of my KEY witnesses cannot make it.

As my hearing is in early June, I'm worried that my adjourn hearing will be in September!

How do I request for an adjournment?

fairgame Tue 12-May-15 20:30:59

Just fill in a form, you can download them online. They usually adjourn for 4 weeks so you might just get it squeezed in before the summer but that will depend on how busy they are.

Icimoi Tue 12-May-15 22:10:46

It's a Request for Changes form that you need. You should first contact the LA to see if they'll consent and ideally liaise with them to identify an alternative date that everyone can do.

Yes, make sure you agree dates with all witnesses and the LA before requesting a change. My LA put one in to adjourn without consulting me (they did CC me) and it was to request a date that I couldn't make. So I had to ring round all my witnesses and the LA and get new dates before putting in my own request for changes. SENDIST sent a slap round the wrist notice to the LA for wasting everyone's time.

I would imagine they get a few slots coming free at short notice as cases get resolved before the hearing sometimes.

sazale Wed 13-May-15 07:42:46

I asked for a 2 month adjournment and got the agreement from the LA in an email first. SENDIST agreed to the adjournment but only for 1 month not the 2 we wanted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now