Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Booked a private salt for thursday but now bit confused over what she will do fees etc

(8 Posts)
greener2 Tue 18-Feb-14 20:46:37

Am not sure not if this is right?
Said that it was £60 then I get an email saying plus 45p a mile so its £75
The fees say that if an assessment its £300. I am confused.
When I rang I explained that I would like dd to be assessed in terms of her language / communication and she said that she wouldn't do this the first appointment and would like to meet and get a history etc. So that's £75. So what happens then? I assumed I could just get an app to test these things, am I wrong?

sammythemummy Tue 18-Feb-14 21:55:28

Where are you green

If you're in London I can recommend someone who charges less than that for assessment. And no travel fees.

zzzzz Tue 18-Feb-14 22:47:41

At a guess, £75 for a "get to know you session", then an assessment session at £300 probably plus £15 for travel. So total £390.

It's much the same as I paid but it's fine to write and check. No one expects you to enter into an open ended agreement (if they do they're charlatans).

2boysnamedR Tue 18-Feb-14 22:49:03

My salt assessed my ds on the first meeting. £150 for 2 hours including the chat before hand to discus history. Tbh assessment is assessment whatever the backstory is. The history is only needed to direct salt therapy I would have thought?

Ahhhcantthinkofagoodname Wed 19-Feb-14 20:27:03

Hello, £300 for an assessment sounds pretty steep to be honest. maybe you could clarify exactly what that covers and how long she expects it to take. If its just an hour it seems like a rip off but if it's 2-3 hours and includes a report then it's seeming a bit more reasonable.

Our private SALT charges 70 quid for an hours session (at her house) and 100 quid for an assessment session, which takes a bit longer. She also charged 85 quid to write a report on DS. Actually I think she charged 100 quid for the very first session she met DS, presumably because she asked me to send all the reports we had on DS and had read them all beforehand.

2boysnamedR Wed 19-Feb-14 21:32:28

It was £150 for two hours salt came to me and assessed. Wrote up a six page report

Skylar123 Wed 19-Feb-14 22:16:12

Who did you use 2boys would you mind pm'ing me.
greener don't be shy to check what your money is covering and be clear on what you are paying at the end of the day you are paying a lot of money and have the right to know what for.

greener2 Thu 20-Feb-14 19:51:50

Thanks. She came today and I was very happy with this first meet so am going to go ahead with the next appointment.
She spoke with me and looked at some reports and then did a few "games" with dd. Then said she would like to do some play based assessment to tease out what dd's difficulties are which sounds reasonable. She said she thought of a few things dd may be struggling with and if so these are not major and can be easily helped which sounds positive.
She said that there may be a few things underlying which causes dd anxiety and to behave the way she does and the other cause may be pervasive and behavioural so to maybe see a behavioural expert?

All seemed about right I think?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now