There are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN in our special need webguide here.

Recent activity on twitter re certain LA solicitor

(99 Posts)

It ain't him tbh, but a particular gleeful respondent to one of his tweets. Made my stomach churn.

lottieandmia Mon 28-Oct-13 09:15:57

I agree, inappropriatelyemployed.

nennypops Mon 04-Nov-13 08:31:54

Ever wondered about the enthusiasm for mediation displayed on that Twitter feed? Wonder no more -
http://essentialmediation.co.uk/
http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/essential-mediation

Have a look at the profiles of the "Team" and consider whether you would view them as impartial and independent.

inappropriatelyemployed Mon 04-Nov-13 09:45:26

Yes, I wonder if there would be such keenness for mediation by legally qualified mediators chosen by the PARENT?

TOWIELA Mon 04-Nov-13 09:53:12

ffs!

So mediation is total independent? Is it heck!

The tweets from this lawyer has been driving me nuts all week.

senmerrygoround Mon 04-Nov-13 10:15:32

Just read the profiles of the team, and it is quite clear who they're selling their service to!!!

For someone with a 1st Class degree in education, the first profile is appallingly badly written shock

inappropriatelyemployed Mon 04-Nov-13 10:22:09

I think there is a real role for mediation if:

(i) the mediators are legally qualified
(ii) they are not answerable for results to the LA
(iii) they are not concerned with LA policies and only the law

The naff fluff, reliant on LA payment and implementing LA policies as law, that passes for mediation is not good enough.

Let LAs sit in a room with someone they cannot control and explain their prevarication and delay and their unlawful policies. Let the mediator report with recommendations to the Tribunal too.

nennypops Mon 04-Nov-13 11:27:19

Sorry, should have linked those urls -
essentialmediation.co.uk/
www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/essential-mediation

At least one of those supposedly neutral mediators currently works very actively with BS defending LAs, a fact which seems to have been glossed over on the site.

inappropriatelyemployed Mon 04-Nov-13 11:31:44

Incredible!

ouryve Mon 04-Nov-13 11:37:46

Just wow :/

And back to IE's point from a whole week ago, I have no idea how the average parent would even know where to start with Tribunal. It's a hugely daunting process.

Direct payments for mediation services.

nenny, I could have guessed of course but how on earth did you think to look into it?

Testing

Can't post from most devices for some reason but wanted to say that companies use twitter to market themselves and the tweets reflect their business plan not what is ethically, morally or even legally right or sensible.

nennypops Mon 04-Nov-13 23:14:20

Can't claim any credit for looking into it, someone passed it on to me.

OMG!!!

I just looked at one of those links and recognised one of the people from my past life hell.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nenny, don't suppose you could pm me who passed it to you!?

'At least one of those supposedly neutral mediators currently works very actively with BS defending LAs, a fact which seems to have been glossed over on the site.'

And the other used to send vast quantities of tax payers money to BS as a senior LA employee!

MariaNoMoreLurking Tue 05-Nov-13 00:07:02

The second company used to be registered at a particular address, has assets of £1 (as of aug 2013) and MS is the director.

The workers at the first organisation must be exceptionally talented at remaining impartial. Their extensive experience will be a great help to families.

MariaNoMoreLurking Tue 05-Nov-13 00:07:53

Star, read your pm

MariaNoMoreLurking Tue 05-Nov-13 01:01:46

Not legal, but I'd guess either sleeping partner or managing accountant

MariaNoMoreLurking Tue 05-Nov-13 01:17:39

Still no legal diploma grin but think I've cracked it. Does the registration paperwork for company set-ups then hands it all back over to the 'real' company owners.

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=9e6eb3eb369548dfff6baca33350c8dd&t=231023&page=2

http://www.formationsdirect.com/

inappropriatelyemployed Tue 05-Nov-13 23:10:14

Why do you want to know Star? Is it connected to the formation of the mediation company?

Companies are often bought 'off the shelf' and then the details are changed.

Even on the meditation company's site they are totally clearly pro LA.

Have they been tweeting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now