Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Does anyone have any experience of birth injury claims?

(5 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hazeyjane Thu 29-Aug-13 18:56:29

Gosh Starfish, what a lot to take in.

When ds was first born, my instinct was that something had gone wrong at the birth. He was elcs, and it was a very traumatic experience for me and him.

I met with the consultant and surgeon after the birth to discuss what had happened, it was sold to me as a counselling session to help clear up some worries and concerns, but in seeing the letter written from the session, my gp said that it seemed to be a huge arse covering session.

As time has gone on, I too think ds's issues have a genetic cause, and it was these that caused the traumatic birth rather than the other way round, IYSWIM.

I know someone who is very well respected in the field of birth injury claims, specifically dealing with brain injured children. I don't know if she would be able, but she might know of someone you could get in touch with?

nennypops Thu 29-Aug-13 22:04:48

I would have thought it's good to involve a solicitor reasonably quickly, because you might have to get hold of witnesses etc before they disappear. Simpson Millar are good on this type of claim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now