Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Bed wetting

(3 Posts)
RinkyDinkyDoo Wed 28-Aug-13 08:36:36

DS,6,has been dry at night for nearly 2 years. He did have a 2 week blip after 6 months of being wet every day, but that passed and now it's just the odd occasion, usually when he's poorly.
Well, for the last 3 weeks he's been wet nearly every night. We lift him around 10'ish, and he's either wet then or in the morning. He isn't verbal enough to explain if he is worried/troubled, but is verbal enough to say if he's ill. He's not upset by the wetness, he actually laughs and says " wet the bed" or will say he's wet the bed as a joke.
My only theory is that it could be hayfever related, as for the last month he has been very sneezy and snotty and even a bit of a nighttime cough. Any ideas?x

AgnesDiPesto Wed 28-Aug-13 22:10:57

Get diabetes ruled out. GP can do urine test. DS2 was dx'd with this few months ago after week wetting bed which was unusual. Other signs (which I now know but didn't then) are feeling tired, weight loss, shaky if blood sugar goes too low, drinking more, weeing more. I thought he might have urine infection so also worth ruling out infections too. DS2 not have SN but hadn't said anything which particularly raised alarm I had noticed he'd got thinner but had coincided with him getting taller so had assumed just stretching out.

RinkyDinkyDoo Wed 28-Aug-13 22:17:52

Thanks for the reply. Will take a sample to tesco's pharmacy,as notice tonight they were promoting diabetes urine tests.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now