Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Embarrassing moments thanks to your dcs.

(7 Posts)
MovingForward0719 Thu 29-Aug-13 20:42:30

Ah yes, my ds went through a phase of calling everyone dad. Unfortunately he ran up to a man who I dated very briefly 20 years ago, on the school run and yelled dad. It was toe curling. Lol.

RinkyDinkyDoo Tue 27-Aug-13 20:51:27

I Was in the chippy in the middle of ordering our Takeaway. Heard DS shout, "hello Dad," really loudly.I turned round, as did the others in the shop, to see a Stan Ogden type of guy had entered the shop. I was mortified. DS calls his real dad,daddy and all other men brother or dad.

goldenretriever Tue 27-Aug-13 20:20:21

My Ds likes to grab dark haired men for a hug. That he doesn't know. His face is crotch level. Awkward.

dp had to go for a scan it was all a rush so didn't get time to explain what a scan was to dd, and didn't want to tell her much as dp had cancer and we needed to find out how bad it was before explaining it to dd. we arrived at the hospital to be welcomed by a nice lady doctor, she was asking dp questions, then asked dp do you have any questions? before he could answer dd said I need to know what a scan is and will it hurt etc, doctor replied a scan is a machine so we can look at the body in detail and it doesn't hurt. dd said does that mean you can measure his willy? and what happens if they get a stiffy can you see that as well? that's very rude if you can. I just wanted to hide the doctor ran out the room to laugh.

FanjoForTheMammaries Tue 27-Aug-13 10:36:35

We were standing behind a Dad at nursery, DD grabbed his arse. He turned round to come face to face with me, and thought I had done it.

She also grabbed a womans boobs as we passed her on stairs.

She went up to a girl in aquarium who was bending over looking at fish and jumped on her back shouting "hello"

sophj100 Tue 27-Aug-13 10:19:04

Haha - that's hilarious! I've grabbed my small ASD boy, in mid-meltdown to put him into the shopping trolley, only to find it was someone elses trolley - luckily like you, they saw the funny side and asked how much? smile

Pixel Mon 26-Aug-13 21:54:08

I'll start off. Visiting a castle last week, ds not happy to be there or anywhere that isn't in front of the tv and keeps wandering off. I'm hanging on to his arm and stop to read some interesting information about the ruins on a large board. He tries to get away, I grab hold of his arm absent-mindedly and carry on reading. After a while a strange voice behind me says loudly "excuse me but are we going somewhere?". I look round to see I'm hanging on to a complete stranger and ds is nowhere in sight!
I did briefly consider leaping over the wall into the moat but the man said it was ok as I had nice warm hands which made it even worse blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now