Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Why, why, why did I mention it?!

(14 Posts)
Holycowiloveyoureyes Sat 03-Aug-13 17:32:35

We have 2 blocks of flats near us that are getting demolished. They did some last year and DS loved it. He still goes on and in about it, re-enacting it with everything from lego to pub menus!

I found out today they're getting knocked down when we're on holiday and I made the mistake of telling him.

Oh god! We've had tears, proper heartfelt sobs and now he's in a right arse and lashing out at us all.

We'd had such a nice day as well.

If only I could turn back time!

Trigglesx Sat 03-Aug-13 18:09:46

Is he upset because he'll be missing it? Perhaps someone can catch it on video for him?

Holycowiloveyoureyes Sat 03-Aug-13 18:13:36

Yes, upset that we won't be able to see it.

I've suggested we'll get his friend's dad to film it for him but that won't do! I'm sure he'll calm down eventually, bless him.

TOWIELA Sat 03-Aug-13 18:15:17

If you are holidaying anywhere with easy wifi access, could you get his friend's dad to FaceTime it live to him?

PolterGoose Sat 03-Aug-13 18:15:23

I've done similar blush we are but human and we sometimes just don't learn grin

Hope you're having a lovely holiday smile

Holycowiloveyoureyes Sat 03-Aug-13 18:25:20

We don't have face time, is that an iPhone thing?

Even if I'd not told him we would have had the upset when we got home and he saw them gone.

I'll bribe him with you tube videos of demolitions to placate him a bit, though no doubt I'll get comments that I'm just indulging him.

TOWIELA Sat 03-Aug-13 18:30:27

FaceTime is iPhone/iPad video / telephone app. I use it to talk to my eldest when she's abroad on business

Trigglesx Sat 03-Aug-13 18:47:42

Yes, I agree with Polter on this. We've ALL done it. Sometimes I hear myself say something like that and want to just reach out and grab the words back, because I KNOW as soon as I've said them that it is going to cause a meltdown.

Or sometimes I tell him something early to get the initial "supermeltdown" out of the way, only to find he's quite happy to repeat it later as well. blush Ooops. So much for trying to head off major chaos out in public then.

Holycowiloveyoureyes Sat 03-Aug-13 19:16:14

Yes, my fear is we'll have another meltdown next time we drive past.

Stupid council, how dare they not consult us grin

Trigglesx Sat 03-Aug-13 20:05:19

The nerve, eh? grin

Strongecoffeeismydrug Sat 03-Aug-13 20:41:16

Our bloody council built a new shopping centre smile
Do they not realise things like that cause us mums lots of grief hmm.
I Do laugh because DS loves to go shopping but he won't go into the new shopping centre as he's still adamant it shouldn't be there and it should have stayed as a car park.

Trigglesx Sat 03-Aug-13 20:47:03

DS1 is having fits over these "false fronts" on vacant shops. hmm

Trigglesx Sat 03-Aug-13 20:47:50

my apologies - I shouldn't have said "having fits"... but he doesn't like them and gets in an uproar every time he sees them, as they're not "proper shops"

Trigglesx Sat 03-Aug-13 20:48:47

sorry, a bit tired and brain is simply not engaged tonight.. I haven't used that expression in god knows how long (20's maybe - and I mean as IN my 20's, not since the 20's - I'm old, but not THAT old!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now