Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Eligible for financial assistance?

(3 Posts)
butterflyroom Mon 29-Jul-13 00:14:28

Hi, my DS (5) has recently been diagnosed with DCD. From what I understand from research this is similar to Dyspraxia/general problems with learning, processing, motor skills. He is now due to receive therapy sessions from the OT service. I've been advised to buy a trampoline (done) and swimming lessons may help along with a range of other activities. I don't receive any type of working or tax credit but wondered if it would be worth applying for help with funds. It would be so so helpful as finances are very tight despite being over thresholds. Does anyone have any advice or experience they could offer? Thanks for any replies.

PolterGoose Mon 29-Jul-13 08:38:41

You can apply for DLA, see here for the indispensable Cerebra DLA guide if you phone for a DLA form you get around 6 weeks to fill it in and they backdate it to when you phoned, if you do it online it only starts from when you submit the form, and I've heard that the site crashes a lot so the paper form is better!

You may be eligible for the Family Fund too.

butterflyroom Mon 29-Jul-13 09:28:51

Thank you! So helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now